Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2023 Sign Up Thread (SELEM 16!)

Do we have arrangements with the other Holiday Inn yet.
    I just booked my flight and was thinking about a room now.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Do we have arrangements with the other Holiday Inn yet.
    I just booked my flight and was thinking about a room now.
    I've honestly been a bit too busy to squeeze that in but, I will see about driving over today to have a discussion with the manager. I should have a few free hours today.
    PM Sent...

I was concerned for a while that I was going to miss some or all of this year, but all the annoying plans are postponed and I am officially in! I have a lot of catching up to do in here and will be sorting out what all I want to bring this weekend. We will have content playing on an ion laser this year dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I've honestly been a bit too busy to squeeze that in but, I will see about driving over today to have a discussion with the manager. I should have a few free hours today.
    Thanks Brad, hope you can snag a discount.

Adam - just tossed you the registration, glad to be back after all the covid shennanigans.

Ok, it's a month away from SELEM.

I'm looking at a couple AirBNBs nearby. There are two-- one two 2 bedroom(2 bath) and one 3 bedroom(1.5 bath).

The cost for either one is approximately $100/night per room for 7 nights all-in. Check-in on Aug 5th and check-out on the 12th.

I'd prefer the 3BR as it looks really nice for essentially the same price as the 2BR so I'd need two more people to share that unit at $700 each.

If anyone is interested in sharing one of these AirBNBs, please send me a PM.

Just a reminder that standard registration is now closed, and the shirt order has been finalized. (We went with Lazerjock's logo this year, as posted in the logo thread.)

Note that Patrick Murphy (ILDADirect) will be attending this year. He has prepared a special presentation on the proposed "Category A Laser Show Standard", and he is looking forward to hearing our feedback. We haven't nailed down a specific date and time for his presentation yet, but I expect it will be either Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.

Also, Patrick said that he would be willing to teach an LSO class at some point during the week of SELEM if there are people who want to take the course. He said the classroom instruction portion normally runs at least 6 hours - sometimes a bit longer - and to that you'll need to add the time spent taking the final exam. I've started a separate thread for the LSO class so people can express their interest. Once we determine who wants to take the class, we can figure out what time(s) will work best for everyone's schedule.

36 days until load-in!

Adam

I am honored to have developed the SELEM logo for 2023!
    Thank you

I've already mentioned this in the thread about the LSO course, but I wanted to post it here as well: Patrick Murphy has agreed to teach the entire Cat-A class to all SELEM attendees at no charge. If you complete the course and pass the final exam, you'll be issued a Cat-A certificate.

He will start the class immediately following his introductory presentation about the proposed Cat-A standard. (His intro will explain the general concept of the new Cat-A standard, how it was developed, and why it's a good thing for the industry.) Thus, if you are not familiar with the concept, you'll get a quick introduction to it, and if you are interested, just stick around and he will launch right into the course material. (Again, at no charge!)

Better yet, if you are already an ILDA LSO, then assuming you complete this Cat-A class and pass the final exam, you will be issued an updated LSO certificate to show that you've also completed the Cat-A course. Note that the new ILDA LSO curriculum now includes the Cat-A standard, but anyone who completed their LSO certification prior to May of 2023 needs to take (and pass) a Cat-A "bridge course" to update their LSO certificate.

Adam

I just booked my room at the Elkton Holiday Inn.
    Since my Dad isn't going to make it this year I will need to bumb a ride to and from the venue. Has anyone else booked there yet?

Three of us are staying at the Embassy Suites just 3.7 miles north of the Executive Conference Center. There is a Homewood Suites and Baymont in the same immediate area. We are renting a car, but I'll be visiting a friend in Maryland Monday afternoon till Wednesday morning. Is anyone staying in that area that can give Clickamouse a ride while I'm away? Thanks!