Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ILDA LSO Class at SELEM 2023 - Reply if interested

For those who want to take the LSO class:

Would you guys be OK if we scheduled the class to start on Tuesday morning? I'm thinking we might be able to start the class earlier in the morning (maybe 7 or 8?), so people wouldn't have to miss out on too much SELEM fun. Would need to do this either in a hotel conference room or in one of the union classrooms in the other side of the SELEM venue. (Brad, what would be the earliest we could get people into one of those classrooms, assuming one is available?)

For those who want to take the Cat-A class:

How does Wednesday afternoon work? Thinking about starting the intro at 1:30 PM, with the class to follow immediately after. Should be wrapped up by 3:30 PM, or 4 PM at the latest. This would be done in the lobby area at SELEM (near the VR gaming area).

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

sign me up for CAT-A. Wednesday afternoon is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

How does Wednesday afternoon work? Thinking about starting the intro at 1:30 PM, with the class to follow immediately after. Should be wrapped up by 3:30 PM, or 4 PM at the latest. This would be done in the lobby area at SELEM (near the VR gaming area).

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Cat-A on Wednesday works for me.
    Runs with Lasers

The times are fine for me. Whenever the LSO class is, I'll be there.

Wednesday is good for me.

I'm in for the Cat-A session! No preference on time.

Thumbs up Penguin would like to take the class

Penguin would like to take the class. Thanks, Patrick! Wednesday afternoon works for me. <(")

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    For those who want to take the LSO class:

Would you guys be OK if we scheduled the class to start on Tuesday morning? I'm thinking we might be able to start the class earlier in the morning (maybe 7 or 8?), so people wouldn't have to miss out on too much SELEM fun. Would need to do this either in a hotel conference room or in one of the union classrooms in the other side of the SELEM venue. (Brad, what would be the earliest we could get people into one of those classrooms, assuming one is available?)

Adam

OK, Patrick has put up an official registration entry on the ILDA website for the LSO class. You can find it here: https://www.ildamember.com/events Everyone who wants to take the LSO class needs to follow this link and sign up. Just scroll down to the entry for SELEM - August 8th - and click the REGISTER button to sign up and pay for the course.

The LSO class is currently scheduled to start on Tuesday, August 8th at 9 am and run until 6 PM, but Patrick said he hopes to be done by 5 PM. Also, we may need to move the start time up a bit (slightly earlier) depending on the schedule of the office workers in that part of the building.

The Cat-A presentation and class will be on Wednesday afternoon (August 9th), starting at 3 PM. Note that the ILDA board is having their meeting that same day, from 1 PM to 3 PM, so we're going to set up a screen with a projector in the lobby area so that anyone who wants to listen in on the ILDA board meeting (which is done via video conference - Zoom I think), can watch everything on the screen. If you ever wondered what an ILDA board meeting is like, here's your chance to find out!

Adam

Thanks Adam and Patrick. Signed myself up for the LSO class. I am looking forward to it.