Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY DB25 - RJ45 converter

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    @HankLloydRight...what? We can't digress?
    Oh sure the digression is fine!! But Area51t posted the answer to the rj45 connector in post #8!!

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Oh sure the digression is fine!! But Area51t posted the answer to the rj45 connector in post #8!!
    His posted photo was something he found on Banggood. In post #9 I mentioned it was a reasonable pinout. I reiterated this to Adam in a few posts back.

My apologies if this bothered you.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    His posted photo was something he found on Banggood. In post #9 I mentioned it was a reasonable pinout. I reiterated this to Adam in a few posts back.
    Nope, you're absolutely right, and I apologize to both of you. I misread his caption under the photo, just that he "got my converter shipped and currently using it" and I thought that was his photo. Carry on.
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 07-31-2023 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
    Sorry for the late arrival, Folks....
    I would recommend investing in Kvant projectors, with safety training, after sales support, Saturn galvos, and compliant scan fail protection. Yeah, ~$7-8k each, but there are good reasons for most of the pro laser show folks paying the difference.
    "Ya only gets whatcha pays fer, Sonny."
    BR

Roj
    Good points Roj.

Considering that back in the day, a 1-3 watt Krypton or Mixed Gas (Krypton/Argon) laser used to achieve RYGB was $8-11K, just for the laser. Projector builds back then were $15-20K at least. Given this comparison, a quality Kvant projector is a good deal, far, far smaller and lighter, too, with no 6/4 or 8/4 3-phase power cables and disconnects, water hoses, water filters, water pumps and pressure regulators along with their added equipment cases to lug about that required air-ride tractor trailers for transport.