Thread: 532nm Laser DPSS 1W Alignment question Crystal + Optics

Default 532nm Laser DPSS 1W Alignment question Crystal + Optics

Hello All

I need help to re-align my 532nm laser, as you can see on the picture below there are two 532nm lasers in one box, laser power is 1 Watt per laser head
    both of them did work, but after i stupidly bumped the laser against a wall during transport one of the laser does not work anymore.

What i did so far
    - looks like the Diode is ok ( via Cam is see the same brightness of infrared as the other working laser)
    - i tried to adjust the optics. what was a huge mistake......

in the picture i numbered the optics / crystals from 1 till 4

1 Optical lens
    2 laser crystal YVO4
    3 Laser Crystal KTP
    4 Mirror

my question is. how can i safely do the adjustments. what tools do i need and what are you recommendations.

Any help is welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser1.JPG  

First check the Ktp temp and adjust for best power. Next tweak the output coupler mirror. After that you should not need to do anything more. If you move the diode slightly you need to realign everything and it’s real job. No reason these should have moved. You will find the ktp temp different at low power and full power so you need find th middle ground when you modulate it. The power focuses the light slightly different changing the requirements for phase matching.

safely….where IR glasses rated for 808, 1064, 532. Block any areas you are not directly accessing. Be patient. It can take minutes for the ktp temp to stabilize. 0.1 degree makes a difference.

Ok I didn’t read it’s totally out of alignment.

section by section. Align the yvo4 and the diode as best you can and see if you see 1064nm. You might …ekkk take the ktp out entirely and tweak the cavity mirrors. Note the angle of the ktp before you remove. Three hours later install the ktp and let it come to temp. Follow other post but angle tune for best conversion then tweak the mirrors.

this is not easy and you better watch your eyes. Start with low power.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Ok I didn’t read it’s totally out of alignment.

section by section. Align the yvo4 and the diode as best you can and see if you see 1064nm. You might …ekkk take the ktp out entirely and tweak the cavity mirrors. Note the angle of the ktp before you remove. Three hours later install the ktp and let it come to temp. Follow other post but angle tune for best conversion then tweak the mirrors.

this is not easy and you better watch your eyes. Start with low power.
    Thanks for you answer. indeed all items 1,2,3,4 are moved and therefor misaligned only the diode assembly i did not touch.
    In my opinion i should start with the Optical lens (Part 1) before i start aligning the other parts? correct?

You’ll need to both focus the lens and tilt tune the crystal and if you are lucky it will kick over. If not you need to align the cavity mirrors too. This is a long process. If you have an IR camera you can look for reflection spots but it’s not going to be easy. Usually they have a machine to do it.

since you have a working one look at the positions to get an idea where to start.