Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews of restored numbers

The 5 step triangle wave is colormod I. The slower sine wave was probably an analog osc selected via colormod II sync.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    The 5 step triangle wave is colormod I. The slower sine wave was probably an analog osc selected via colormod II sync.
    How true. Voila. dark side of the moon in full glory is ready to be shown. The only place in the show I added anything original is the previously posted interpretation of the intro to time. A number of inserts from the 8 track show into the 24 track show have been made though. These include flying tiles and the faces in one of these days, and a couple of logos that don't appear in the content recovered from 24 track.

There in the crates of laser show DNA that rode up to Canada about a year ago is one more of these very valuable 24 track shows. It is called Visions. The sound seems to be perhaps described as middle eastern pop. I heard that this show was one of the last and most advanced the original company produced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colormod_from_ADAT_2.jpg  

colormod_from_ADAT_3.jpg  

colormod_from_ADAT_1.jpg  

Greg, I love what you're doing...
    Last edited by laserist; 11-09-2023 at 18:16.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

I saw The Dark Side Of Oz for the first time last night. It was in a beautiful big modern cinema. I wanted to get the laser moon show stuck in, over top, but a week between hello and show didn't permit logistics.

I saw a handful of contextual synchronicity events exclusively involving the lyrics, but excluding the dancing halflings, which visually synch with pretty much anything, I saw little in the way of the kind of hard hitting visual simultaneity one would expect in, say, a cartoon.

I did immediately recognize an easter egg in the laser show though. I wondered why the director chose a triangle man lying down as the cue for the lunatic is on the grass. See pic.

I arrived home my eyes aching to see lasers on the dark side of the moon. The restoration work for this show involved setting up a show control list of about 70 content editing cues which are imposed in real time during playback, to accomplish the folowing:

-removing excessive stationary brightness in several places.

- bringing the image gain up on certain images. For some reason the beating heart and the one of these days orb and the paper faces graphics are too tiny in both ADAT versions.

-correcting the 24 track content for mistakes and omissions with content from the 8 track version. For example, the star car graphic is upside down and offset beyond cutoff in the 24 track version.

- the audio sync in the 24 track version of one of these days is actually off by around a second. So that has been fixed.

Regarding excessive stationary brightness, interestingly, in a few places in the show, certain beams go far over to different scan field boundaries, left, down, right, etc. It is nice that my system is also doing this accurately. Maybe there was lumia set on the periphery of the scan field. Any thing known about using something on the periphery of the scan field?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lunatic_grass.jpg  

Greg,

You reminded me with the "Triangle Man" of the song from They Might Be Giants, "Particle Man" (which contains a "Triangle Man...). How did we miss out NOT doing THAT song? We had the perfect graphic!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I saw The Dark Side Of Oz for the first time last night. It was in a beautiful big modern cinema. I wanted to get the laser moon show stuck in, over top, but a week between hello and show didn't permit logistics.

I saw a handful of contextual synchronicity events exclusively involving the lyrics, but excluding the dancing halflings, which visually synch with pretty much anything, I saw little in the way of the kind of hard hitting visual simultaneity one would expect in, say, a cartoon.

I did immediately recognize an easter egg in the laser show though. I wondered why the director chose a triangle man lying down as the cue for the lunatic is on the grass. See pic.

I arrived home my eyes aching to see lasers on the dark side of the moon. The restoration work for this show involved setting up a show control list of about 70 content editing cues which are imposed in real time during playback, to accomplish the folowing:

-removing excessive stationary brightness in several places.

- bringing the image gain up on certain images. For some reason the beating heart and the one of these days orb and the paper faces graphics are too tiny in both ADAT versions.

-correcting the 24 track content for mistakes and omissions with content from the 8 track version. For example, the star car graphic is upside down and offset beyond cutoff in the 24 track version.

- the audio sync in the 24 track version of one of these days is actually off by around a second. So that has been fixed.

Regarding excessive stationary brightness, interestingly, in a few places in the show, certain beams go far over to different scan field boundaries, left, down, right, etc. It is nice that my system is also doing this accurately. Maybe there was lumia set on the periphery of the scan field. Any thing known about using something on the periphery of the scan field?

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    You reminded me with the "Triangle Man" of the song from They Might Be Giants, "Particle Man" (which contains a "Triangle Man...). How did we miss out NOT doing THAT song? We had the perfect graphic!
    True! I hadn't heard that song before. I imagine the part about particle man losing a fight with triangle man would be represented as an oxygen gaining two hydrogens, especially with the lyric about water.

I went to look up the set list for Flashback 80s and Laserium.org is not there. Oh no! That was such a useful resource for setlists.

After all the work with the moon show, it was a cinch to plug in Visions. The show is not exactly what I was expecting. It's almost all 2D cycloid and spiral with extra fancy chopper and colormod. Subtly choreographed. But I'm not sure it isn't content that, for the most part, could be said to be left in the dust by what the Radiator does. Shown is some spirals with the Illusion Of Motion (I think that is what it is called) dynamic offset. Flashback80s, by comparison, has lots of animation and and 3D computed cycloids. There's still a list of unseen 8 track ADAT content with 352 I'm about to campaign through.

Ron, do you have any samples of lumia optics for the fiber turret? If you feel like posting at any point, I'd be interested in any information that would help identify and catalog some of the scan glass and lumia effects named in the various PIN files I have previously received from you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VisionsAndFlashback80s.jpg  

effects.jpg  

Greg,

You just had an untimely experience accessing laserium.org. You probably heard that President Biden, Vice-President Harris, and about 20 other heads-of-state recently visited the Exploratorium for a party. Well, the secret service made us turn off all our computers for about a day, and you just happened to fall into the secret service black hole. I'm not slighting the secret service, they are paid to be paranoid, and were all very nice. It was an interesting lesson in ultra-tight security. No, I was not invited to the party. With my Laserium experience, I may not have passed the background check.

Laserium.org should be back up (I just tried it and it worked for me...)

I'll have to root around in my optics. I don't think I saved (stole???) any of the turret optics when I left Laserium. I have mostly wheels and gratings.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    True! I hadn't heard that song before. I imagine the part about particle man losing a fight with triangle man would be represented as an oxygen gaining two hydrogens, especially with the lyric about water.

I went to look up the set list for Flashback 80s and Laserium.org is not there. Oh no! That was such a useful resource for setlists.

After all the work with the moon show, it was a cinch to plug in Visions. The show is not exactly what I was expecting. It's almost all 2D cycloid and spiral with extra fancy chopper and colormod. Subtly choreographed. But I'm not sure it isn't content that, for the most part, could be said to be left in the dust by what the Radiator does. Shown is some spirals with the Illusion Of Motion (I think that is what it is called) dynamic offset. Flashback80s, by comparison, has lots of animation and and 3D computed cycloids. There's still a list of unseen 8 track ADAT content with 352 I'm about to campaign through.

Ron, do you have any samples of lumia optics for the fiber turret? If you feel like posting at any point, I'd be interested in any information that would help identify and catalog some of the scan glass and lumia effects named in the various PIN files I have previously received from you.

I'm about to watch and joystick the show Inside Laserium. I haven't previously seen any part of this show, except for the videos already available on line.

Have fun............

That was fun. Unlike shows with XYI content I have looked at up until now, the points don't rest politely near the origin when XYI is not present. It appears they are going in small slow circles. That means my code that cuts buss images in when there's no XYI doesn't work. There are some ways around that.

Love cats is animated excellence that unites a bunch of historical cartoon cat tropes. The galaxy song is also a professional animation number. The photo is of the galaxy with the sign that says you are here.

The spoken word parts about lasers in this show are mostly nothing, so there must have been something else going on. The show catalog contains a "C" tape of this show, see graphic, which hasn't been investigated yet, but may be another candidate for XY-RGB content.

Last night I watched Flashback80s 3D. A lot of work must have gone into that. I couldn't refrain from applauding at the end when that mighty logo spins out of that psychedelic blitz. I never listened to the B52s much before working on this catalog. They're really funny. The bonus tune on both the "A" tape and the "C" tape is a B52s song, but the song is different on each tape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inside_5.jpg  

inside_3.jpg  

inside_4.jpg  

inside_2.jpg  

inside_1.jpg  

view_tracks.png  

inside_6.jpg