Thread: MadMapper Laser Destination Output: Disconnected. (How to Troubleshoot.)

Question MadMapper Laser Destination Output: Disconnected. (How to Troubleshoot.)

Greetings from Thailand Laser Lovers! I am new, looking for HELP!

Scenario: Etherdream Laser connected to intel macbook running madmapper/madlaser 5.4.3 via RJ-45 direct and dongle, no network switches. Powered up, projected some text. All was happy. Shut it down, tested another laser. All was happy. Went to re-test the first laser and now status stays "Disconnected" dongle ethernet status lights are both on, blinking green led, amber led. Laser powered up. All the same, yet no output. MadMapper Laser-Output Destination shows my laser: Etherdream 107239816. Yet. Status forever disconnected. Cycled the laser. Cycled the laptop. Restarted with a clean new laser project. Found the laser again, but status remains Disconnected. Tested the second laser again and still, no projections, status also Disconnected.

Troubleshooting pointers, resources, suggestions?

Kaph Khun Kop!

Update: They say sometimes all you need to do to answer your question, is ask it, and then like magic the solution comes. I went and made some tea and came back five minutes later. Laser is connected. Clicked the Arm Laser button and projection as expected. Is there anything reasonable one can do to troubleshoot an unconnected laser besides making tea?

Could it be related the startup sequence? Any Etherdream support docs in English (or Thai, haha, no chance)?

Start MM -> Power On -> Connect Laser?
    Start MM -> Connect Laser -> Power On?
    Last edited by LaserFace; 10-25-2023 at 05:33.

Hi,

I had same problem last week, but with a Shownet interface.

I tested this interface many times with my PC computer and Madmapper, everything was always working.

But I tried on a Macbook, and impossible to connect, status was "Disconnected" as well.

No solution found so far... But I will try again later with different startup sequence, when gear is coming back.

Sebastien