Thread: Seattle Area - Laser Repair?

Default Seattle Area - Laser Repair?

Greetings
    Wondering if there is someone in the Seattle Area who can dial in / repair my Opt Laser PD4000A-RGB, this is just a play at home laser.

I reached out to Opt, and they say its out of alignment and gave me instructions for aligning the diodes, but I am not confident I won’t blind myself doing it.

I don’t know enough to know if it is just out of alignment or if there is a problem with the scanner or laser module – the beams don’t line up and mix for different colors – when shooting a static white circle/cone you can see they are not aligned and then at times they will move in and out of alignment, without making any adjustments or doing anything - but mostly out of alignment.

I think it was working correctly when I first got it.

It’s basically new, I’ve had it maybe 30 days, it has not been dropped, I don’t take it anywhere. Was shipped to me from their factory in a hard case.

I did order it without their controls and they installed the connectors so I could simple plug in and install FB4 (Which I did).

Is there someone in the Seattle area that repairs lasers or can dial this in?

Thank you

I'm here in Seattle and build lasers. I have some of those opt4watt in Costa Rica, and they are a bit of a pain to align, but I can do it. Send me a PM.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by lovenwlink View Post
    Greetings
    Wondering if there is someone in the Seattle Area who can dial in / repair my Opt Laser PD4000A-RGB, this is just a play at home laser.

I reached out to Opt, and they say its out of alignment and gave me instructions for aligning the diodes, but I am not confident I won’t blind myself doing it.

I don’t know enough to know if it is just out of alignment or if there is a problem with the scanner or laser module – the beams don’t line up and mix for different colors – when shooting a static white circle/cone you can see they are not aligned and then at times they will move in and out of alignment, without making any adjustments or doing anything - but mostly out of alignment.

I think it was working correctly when I first got it.

It’s basically new, I’ve had it maybe 30 days, it has not been dropped, I don’t take it anywhere. Was shipped to me from their factory in a hard case.

I did order it without their controls and they installed the connectors so I could simple plug in and install FB4 (Which I did).

Is there someone in the Seattle area that repairs lasers or can dial this in?

Thank you