Thread: Iomega cables ????

Exclamation Iomega cables ????

I found a few of these brand cables for zip drives and was in question if they were suitable for ILDA cables. I have not checked them with a meter as for the pinouts being parallel or if it has a shielded ground. I am sure they would be fine seeing they are in the computer data transfer arena. Any help or suggestions ??? Any one using them ? They can be baught cheap if they will work.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I found a few of these brand cables for zip drives and was in question if they were suitable for ILDA cables. I have not checked them with a meter as for the pinouts being parallel or if it has a shielded ground. I am sure they would be fine seeing they are in the computer data transfer arena. Any help or suggestions ??? Any one using them ? They can be baught cheap if they will work.
    They will work, but you might need a gender changer on one end. I brought an IOMEGA zip drive cable to SELEM, and someone (Aaron maybe?) borrowed it for a while to test something. Fortunately, I had a gender changer with me, so I attached it to the cable and let them use it. It was only 3 feet long, so it was a bit impractical for use as an ILDA cable, but if you got one that was longer it would work just fine.

Adam

Any cables with ground shield will do.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!