Thread: Pangolin Flashback 3 XD card

Default Pangolin Flashback 3 XD card

Does anybody ever tried to replace the original 128 mb XD card with a bigger one?
    The smallest I found is a type M 512mB, but the Flashback board refuse to format. Should I have to use a type H instead or is it not compatible either?

(apart from that, the card is sooooooo good )

Bill said it will only accept a 128 MB or smaller card.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Bill said it will only accept a 128 MB or smaller card.
    ops, I thought he was referring just to the smart media cards. Xd standard seems quite rare either...

The FB3 will accept cards up to a few GB. The main thing to watch out for is the type of card. The FB currently only works with "S" or "Standard" cards, not "M" or... I forget the other type.

What you have to do is really watch out for the kind of card you get. If it does not have a letter on it, then it is probably an "S" type of card, since they came first. If it has an M or... other letter, then it won't work.

In the future, we will release a firmware update that is automatically loaded with newer version of LiveQUICK software. The newer firmware will be able to handle the other types of XD cards. In the mean time, just watch out for which type you get.

Bill

The other letter is "H".
    I was tempted to try with this one, but then I decided to wait for some suggestions, before getting into trouble with the store....
    In case of updates, where can I find them?
    http://www.pangolin.com/Download.html will be the right link?

Thank you Bill for your help.

Luciano

We don't have FB updates on that section of our web site, but actually you have a good point that it makes sense to put them there.

In the mean time, for FB updates, just send us an occasional email and ask about them. But we haven't come up with an FB update in a few months.

Best regards,

William Benner