Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "red"

Talking Project "red"

Hello!
    First, sorry for my bad english...
    I donīt write many things here, Iīm only the "small listener". Iīm more active on another forums.
    But I think I will present my new, homebuild red 3.5-4Watts laser.
    There are coubled 24 Diodelasers where one Diode will be powered with ca. 180-200mW after the Optics.
    All Diodes have their own Drivers, so a 24 Driver supply
    On the picture you only see 23 Diodes, I damaged one and havenīt change it before the pic was shot.
    I must change the mirrors and Justate the polarisation of the Laserdiodes new. At the moment the outputpower ist only ca. 2 Watts, but after changing mirrors and take some Adjustments I think I come up to 3.5 to 4Watts of nice red
    Beamdata after The Collimination Telescope is ca. 4*4mm at <1.5mrad (I think more 1.2mrad).
    Yes, the yustate takes manymany hours and you see that the mirrors wasenīt cleande (You see high power red diffused light).

Best Regards,
    Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9293259.JPG  

P9293255.JPG  

P9294599.JPG  

OMG!!! That is pure beautyfull!!!
    REALLY NICE!!!
    I want one

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

WOW... that is amazing! Mind to share some insight, I have been planning on doing that.
    Where did you get the diodes? How many mW each? Did you follow any instructions?

I would really appreciate your help, I have been wanting to work on something like this for about a year now, and havent had the time/funds, but I have been trying to do the research and come up with nothing...

Also if you have any more pictures to share it would me MUCH appreciated... as much as I enjoy building, I also like to see how other people build... it's quite intriguing.

Hello!
    The Diodes are Hitachi Types who runs on 180-200mW, the optic damage 20% of power, so the direkt Diode output is ca. 216-240mW.
    The complete diode "blocks" with holders will be stabilize by Tec Elements on ca. 22Degrees, but I havenīt mount the peltier elements now (will come in future... )
    You should look for very good mirrors, my mirrors lost ca. 12% power per mirror!
    And donīt use normal Mirrorholders for it, they wouldnīt be stabile enought!
    fG
    Phillip

That's pretty cool and all but will it pop a balloon?

Hello!
    Havenīt test it with balloons, but white paper will burn, also carton...
    -Phil

Wow I am still in awe!

lol I bet that one focal point wouldn't have that much trouble popping balloons.... hahahaha

Also I assume all the diodes on one side are horizontally polarized and the other side vertically polarized... so that they match up one to one on that final mirror...?

(Sorry I keep editing this...)

Could you let me know what type of lenses you used for combining your final beam... like I said I am not very good with optics any help in that area would be really helpful!
    Last edited by mliptack; 10-02-2007 at 15:28.

Cool Now *THAT* is cool!

Phil, I am impressed! You have put a *lot* of work into that! I'm amazed that you are getting such good beam quality after mixing the beams from so many diodes. (24!!!!)

You should get a job working for the people at Arctos lasers! (They build laser systems that look a lot like what you have built.)

I wonder.. How long did it take you to align all the beams?

Adam

Hello!
    Thanks
    I take ca. 1 Week for build the complete laser, justating ca. 2 Days (ground justate only some hours, but I must stabilize the system so adjust 5 times new... I donīt know how to say it in english )
    Yes I was also amazed about the good beamdata!
    But I use 3 Lens optics to colliminate the beam of each diode, the beam output is 5mm, but "NO"(very small) divergence. With that I can become good beamdata! I have take a lot of experiments that I can get it stable :-)
    I think Iīm to young for work for arctos
    Greetings
    Phi

Damn, that is very nice. I think I may have a new project to work on!