Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about a ...

I think this could be beneficial, however, it would be great to find a way that the conversations could be archived for future use. I think one of the great parts of this forum is that you can find out stuff you dont know just by searching past articles. Of course in a chat room the SAME questions will always continue to be asked, so we need to be sure new users can search the old chats (excluding private ones).

the SAME questions will always continue to be asked,
    This happens alot on this forum but we deal withit in a way that is both instructive and destructive

Oh, an btw, the Torpark didnt make it past their crappers. Oh well Thanks anyway --we'll fig sumptin out..

Lightbulb

What do you do for work? You could always convince the IT guys that this forum is a work resource that you need access to that helps get the job done.

Well, I could tell 'em that lasers are used in industrial motion control in the repair dept- but I dont think that'd fly very far--
    (actually, when I worked in the lab I upgraded their antiquated he-ne setup w/ bathroom mirrors on the motor shaft to a melles-griot focusable 635 red module with f/s mirrors for dithering data aquisition and one of the engineers said "it's so bright!!"
    [it was a 5-10 mw as I recall]) hehe

You just got to be creative. You don't have to tell em too much, just enough to get access but not have them visit the site.

Link no more

:0)
    Last edited by laserLips; 01-22-2008 at 08:13. Reason: Respect

I REGISTERED.

noone else there though. i was typing to myself. and scarey part was....it was an interesting conversation! lol...

Lets stay on topic here pleez.. PL.. Let's have some Re-Spec..'t
    -edit- I think everyone here likes this forum too much to go to another one.. plus there are plenty of 'em out there .. cpf, FX (if they still exist??) alt, and on and on...
    -edit2- not trying to be disrespectful-- good luck with your laser forum, man
    Last edited by steve-o; 01-26-2008 at 13:59.