Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Points Cont'd, Asteroids Game in C#

Default Points Cont'd, Asteroids Game in C#

To recap, I have been toying around with modifying an Asteroids game I found some C# code for on the web. I plan to eventually write frames to an easylase board with it. I am practicing by sending the frame data to a file, then scanning using my FB3 for the time being. My first frames looked like junk, but after a few tips from PL, things are looking up.
    I have continued to tweak my code, adding some anchors and guide points here and there. The guide points on long blanking lines made a huge difference. I have attached a sample that recorded about 10? seconds of game action if anyone wants to check it out.
    *DISCLAIMER*
    These are programmatically generated, experimental frames!
    If you run the file, please do so at your own risk!
    It looked fine using my 30k's & FB3, but the disclaimer reflects the time we live in!
    After I get this code doing what it is supposed to, and even if I don't, I will be sure to share it with anyone who wants a copy. Open source is where its at as far as I am concerned.
    Later, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up

Um... Pangolin's got asteroids covered... We need a new game. How bout the Star Wars game that was vector graphics?

I'm kidding... kinda. I really want to play a different game than Asteroids. Any programming you do to get any "game" out of a projector gets you geek points in my book. Can you get it to play as an exe for a PC?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

haha...ping pong?? Remember that old game!!!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Lightbulb

I have a pretty nifty pong game I made in college. Can't seem to find it though. I think the good thing about asteroids is the vector graphics. Pong isn't made that way. Can you "port" OpenGL to Vector Graphics? Atleast the poly line coordinates?

Well if everybody get an Easylase we'll all be playing laser games soon I've started down that route and intend to start with releasing pong because it is nice and simple. Any reasonable requests from the community are welcome!
    Mike, have you gotten you Easylase already? Do you find the code that I sent you useful?
    Looking forward to that astro-game !

Damn!!
    And I dont have easylase controller anymore

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

No brainer.......tetris
    Regards,

Aidan

I haven't gotten my board in the mail yet- hopefully today or tomorrow.
    I borrowed the source code from an Asteroids game that was already written- it is more of a proof of concept experiment than anything. Tetris would be really cool. What I would like to do is iron out some reusable classes that can be used for future games. That will make the creation of future games faster and easier.
    Here is what any program will do:
    1) Save all video written to the screen as a collection of "line" objects, each of which contains 2 points and a color.
    2) Be written to insert proper blank lines to the collection when appropriate
    3) Iterate thru the collection and write to an ilda frame
    4) Send frame to appropriate destination
    That's basically it-
    Getting the geometry functions out of the way and packaged into a reusable class will be great.
    I'll post back as progress continues
    Thanks, Mike

Where did you get the Asteroids source? I'd like to fiddle with it if you could send it to me or tell me where it is.

I got it at the CODE PROJECT
    That site has TONS of great tutorial code.
    Do a search on asteroids and it will take you right to it.
    There are lots of games in there- just waiting to be ported!