Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Just got Die4Driver, and I am sure I will need help... ;)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Aaron-
    I know this isnt the right thread, but somewhere somebody said about these aixiz 60mw modules the heat transfer isnt adequate-- inotherwords the case-heatsink doesnt get hot bit inside the diode is burning up.. I'm thinking of a disassebly might be in order unless I can find that thread and the results Thanx
    Did you get the d4d working yet?
    I'm not sure what that thread was, if I find it I will edit this. The aixiz I sent was sold to me as a 30mW. It will pot up a lot higher than that. Do you think you can get that thing apart? I have taken the diode out but just to look at it. I'm not sure where the heat transfer actually takes place.

And no, I havent gotten it to work all the way yet. I was trying to get the scanner tuning video burnt to dvd and can't find a program at home. I tryed to download one all morning. Maybe I can play with it this weekend.

Question

Alright, I just woke up from a nap, and now... the birthday night project... I see these are not what I thought of as jumpers, but yet are jumpers. I have to cut them them to un-jump them. Doing so in a certain pattern will give me certain current levels. Right...

So how do I cut them?

I see p1t is replying...

It is driving the green. I get a nice orange when running it and the maxyz. Which is cool. Orange is my favorie color at the moment.

Thumbs up

So... I take a sharp object and scratch... I took the little tracks between "j" 1 and 2 and I am up to 2.16 volts, and 300mA. which gives me something that is almost, but not quite white... It's close enough
    I can't figure out which is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I see p1t is replying...
    Yeah I was - but had to bail for food
    Sounds like you have it sorted now anyways

Yeah, better to get info from someone who actually has one of these..