Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 405nm Blue/Violet laser diodes 5-10mW $27 + optics

Sorry I didnt respond earlier, the diode was not soldered to the ground, it was the camera angle. But I fixed everything and it works great now! I tested it with my 120mw red diode, and it looked great. Time to extract the 405nm diode!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Sorry I didnt respond earlier, the diode was not soldered to the ground, it was the camera angle. But I fixed everything and it works great now! I tested it with my 120mw red diode, and it looked great. Time to extract the 405nm diode!
    That's great. remember to turn the current all the way down for your BR install, and never insert it into a powered circuit.

Will a die4Drive be safe for one of these units or is the voltage and ma wrong to drive these diodes.

Thanks for the help everyone! I extracted a 405nm diode and hooked it up to my driver... it was incredible. All I can say is "wow." I would have pictures, but it's too late now, and I need sleep. It is very fun to find everything that glows at that wavelength!

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Question is who is going to make the first 20 mw white light with these? I have thought it very doable. No modulation....just a very pretty white laser beam.
    Hi, good idea. I'm thinking about combining 2 violets using the pbs in the case with 1 red using the other pbs and somehow a green.

here's the ratios I get using the chart on SLF:

(406nm, 660nm, 532nm) 20mW, 0.136mW, 1.97mW.

do you concur?

I was thinking around 10mw 405 3mw of 670 2mw of 532?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

so everyone should have gotten theors by now, any comments? photos of projects?
    sharing is caring