Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The first ever degrading CNI laser

Default The first ever degrading CNI laser

and yes I own it

The first show I used it on last year (tiesto in atlanta 2006). About halfway through the show it quit turning all the way off. 50mw output when 0 volts applied to it. This is an analog version of the laser. The laser has since gotten worse. Now with 0 volts it puts out between 300 and 800mw of power at random, ask adam, he saw that over the weakend. On the semi-plus side with the increase of "blanked" status, It outputs more and more power as the blanking goes out so right around now my 1 watt gets between 1.2 and 1.5 watt when 4.72 volts is applied. Anyhow, this is what shutters are for and why you should have one.

Before anyone ask me to check to make sure my dac is outputting 0 volts. I have already done so. I have also completely disconnected the blanking wire to no avail. We will see what extreme lasers does for me since I bought it from them. That will be a whole new review in the sellers section.

After talking with fred from one stop laser shop, he told me he has had this occurred on a few CNI lasers so beware. So far it has yet to occur on either one of my TTL version of the CNI lasers so it might be a problem within their analog circuitry. I am sure there is a pot inside the PS that can be turned to get this corrected but I dont want to void the warranty.

When its all said and done, the CNI 1 watt still puts out well over a watt and has not shown any signs of weakness in its output. Nor does it ever get warm
    Last edited by dream beamz; 10-29-2007 at 15:20.

Cool

Yeah, I can attest to this. Right in the middle of the show, all of the sudden we didn't have any blue! Or at least, that's what I thought. I selected an all-blue fan, and the result was green. I should have figured it out, but I thought that maybe the pattern really was a teal (blue + green) and that the blue just quit. However, after George peeked under the hood of the projector, he saw that the blue was still on at full power. But the green was also on at nearly full power, and it was supposed to be completely off.

The result was that the green totally overpowered the blue! Fortunately, a little while later the green laser started blanking properly again, so all was not lost. But it freaked me out for a second. (I thought that yet another blue laser had died!)

Adam

Lightbulb

Damn, it's kinda like finding out Santa isnt real... On the bright side it was producing more that it should have and not less...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

How old is this laser? How many hours on the head. ?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    How old is this laser? How many hours on the head. ?
    Got it November 2006
    It started malfunctioning on Nov 10th 2006 after about 5 hours of use to include bench time to put it in my projector

It has since done 5 shows for a total of 60 hours to include more bench time

Well, i'll take it off your hands if you don't want it!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Damn, it's kinda like finding out Santa isnt real...

You're joking right....?

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Got it November 2006
    It started malfunctioning on Nov 10th 2006 after about 5 hours of use to include bench time to put it in my projector

It has since done 5 shows for a total of 60 hours to include more bench time
    Actually I just recall. You were talking about sporadic behavior when no modulation signal applied 0v. I had exactly the same thing with my Lasever before it went dead. New module doesn't do that. I think it's a power supply issue. Doesn't mater how good the power supply made it could be made of bad components. Send it back before warranty is over.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Damn, it's kinda like finding out Santa isnt real... On the bright side it was producing more that it should have and not less...
    hes not........... oh no. all these years I have been lied to. My mothers got some explaining to do

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    tiesto in atlanta 2006
    You poor bastard!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_LVfoDC-I

Damm i love youtoob
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/