Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 635 nm

I am in the planning stages of building a 1959 les paul gibson standard... yet another one of my money pit hobbies...

Yeah I bought an aural exciter, Adobe Audition, Rack EQ, multi-effects processor etc etc.. it's a pit too Got any pics of your '59 Les Paul?

Still planning it out. It will all be re fabricated by yours truly. I am going to try to get some original hardware, but that will probably be the most costly part of it. I will keep everyone in the loop of the build. Mine will probably end up weighing more than 15lbs just because of the material I am going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yeah I bought an aural exciter, Adobe Audition, Rack EQ, multi-effects processor etc etc.. it's a pit too Got any pics of your '59 Les Paul?

Here is the most recent guitar I purchased. I went on a corporate tour with work and we spent 3 weeks of the tour in Manhattan, the first day in NY (my first day ever being there) I decided to go to Manny's and buy a guitar. I convinced myself I would not leave without a guitar. I really wanted another acoustic and I really liked the sound of 12 string guitars, but none of the guitars I tried really had the sound I was looking for. This guitar looked interesting but I thought it would sound terrible, so finally after a few hours I picked it up and started to play it. I love the sound I get from it. It is very bright sounding, very clear. I love the guitar!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 330089.jpg  

Unusual paint scheme, cool. It that a Martin? I cant quite read the headstock..

You're right, it is a Martin, the interesting thing is that it's not paint. It's their Alternative-X Series guitars, what you see is about a 1/32" thick brushed aluminum plate.

That's wild. You got any sound clips or tunes?
    Nice guitar. Martins aint cheap.

Exclamation

Highjackers....though it is my fault for posting a reflected image of one of mine. Any ideas as to how far one can turn down the diode current on this 635 and still not blow it's face off blanking it? BTW nice Martin......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Sorry for Hijacking Mike At least it was for good reason

I will have to make some recordings soon, I have all the equipment available to me... sometime soon... I'll let you know Steve-O

As far as I know the only optic expert (anamorphic prizms, lenses etc)is Chuck .. wait.. the orig question was>
    "better beam stats than M^2 = <20 and Mrad <2 ? Anamorphic setup? Beam compression lenses, reverse telescope? Any coments or suggestions welcome. Beam is 5mm X 1mm. Very bright and strong. n I can afford to lose some power , but not much extra space to speak of at this time.
    ...and...
    Any ideas as to how far one can turn down the diode current on this 635 and still not blow it's face off blanking it?
    I dont understand
    Yeah, this was a pretty good hi-jacking.. wwaayy off topic..
    Maybe nobody knows...? ( I know I dont) It looks in your original pic that you got a pretty good beam there Mike, so what's the problem? Divergence? I've heard that a rifle 'scope will collimate a beam well..if that's any help..