Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 635 nm

Oh - at the end you can hear people talking on the radios we use at work - just ummmm ignore that
    Last edited by mliptack; 03-18-2008 at 23:32.

Very Nice. You gonna make a whole song out of that?

Meh - IDK, I'm not much of a song writer lol. I have some other stuff of a band I occasionally mix for. There is talk about them going into the studio soon - if that is the case they want me to mix for them. So that is exciting. I'm at my girlfriends house now, but sometime in the near future I will upload a song of theirs that I mixed and mastered similar to the technique I described above. I like recording stuff - but am more of a fan of the logistics of it and making it all work and sound good. But when it comes to live shows I am a big fan of just mixing.

Its really strange once you get into the upper levels of audio recording and mixing - you start to hear things you have never heard before. Its like how your palette develops the likes/dislikes of certain flavors. Its getting to the point where I am too critical especially with my own mixes. I have gotten to the point when I need to tell myself to stop playing with the track to get the one 'noise' out that bothers me. Thats the big pitfall of digital editing - it makes it too easy to become overly involved with the track.

Anywho - I figure I have another year or so before my days will get somewhat normal and I will get some free time again. So then we will see much more progress on the projector and hopefully in my musical talents as well :P

Do you have any clips of you playing? Or any requests or suggestions to songs you think I should learn?

I just started to learn Thunderstruck by AC/DC today lol

-Max

Well --continued hi-jacking of guitar-talk & recording stuff-- I just broke my hi-e string tonite pulling a extreme bender --hehe-- Decided to replace the whole 6.. it's been about a year heh.. pretty bad..
    Still using Ernie-ball blue pak.. just got about 2 left..I dont think they make 'em anymore-- I just love them extra slinky 8 guage
    Anybody using Adobe Audition 2.0 - 24 (96) track recording studio?
    I've got it but I get so tired of when from the process of when a song is in my head .. and by the time I lay the drum track down the inspiration's gone..eh... Someone needs to invent the 'direct-from brain-to tracks-inumereplimrericator.. -heh-