Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This review is of Extreme Lasers, the good, the bad, the ugly

Yes don't go extreme lasers. I tested a laser for a buddy. I had warned him about Extreme lasers but he thought the low price would be worth it. Long story short, even after an exchange the power was no where near where it should have been and although over the phone he said he would refund shipping when it came down to it it wasn't happening.

I've got one of the extreme lasers BLM-100 (100mW blue) which is pretty nice although it doesn't look 100mW. When I emailed them about it they said the power was up to 100mW but usually fell within the 80-100 range.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area want to let me test my laser :P I really need to purchase a laserbee soon....

i have seen 3 of these 100mw blues from extreme. none produced over 60mw.

Think they'll do anything if I contact them about it?
    It too late to report to ebay (been a few months since the purchase). Grr maybe I'll just purchase that laserbee now.

Quote Originally Posted by djlightspin View Post
    I've got one of the extreme lasers BLM-100 (100mW blue) which is pretty nice although it doesn't look 100mW. When I emailed them about it they said the power was up to 100mW but usually fell within the 80-100 range.
    LOL, than its not a CNI 100mw blue - more likely a 50mw or 80mw
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    I would hope a company like CNI would honour the warranty from the recorded date of sale, not from the date a dealer (no matter how small) stocks the item.
    The problem is once the CNI serials have been pulled off, CNI don't want to know about it, as it usually means they have been tampered with..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    i have seen 3 of these 100mw blues from extreme. none produced over 60mw.
    Yeah the "BLM-100's" from extremelasers are a CNI 50mW blue.

I have one of these (knowing FULL well what I was getting into when I bought it.... I bought it with a couple minutes of use on it from a member from another forum... I got a screamin' deal) and right out of the box it did about 80mW... I made some 'changes' and it's doing 250mW now.

IMO any company that re-badges a 50mW unit as a 100mW and sells it is a bit shady.

I've never dealt with the company directly (other than asking them what kind of pump diode the unit has, which they would never directly answer, btw) so I cant say much about them. But from what I've heard from others and from this thread, it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post
    Yeah the "BLM-100's" from extremelasers are a CNI 50mW blue.

I have one of these (knowing FULL well what I was getting into when I bought it.... I bought it with a couple minutes of use on it from a member from another forum... I got a screamin' deal) and right out of the box it did about 80mW... I made some 'changes' and it's doing 250mW now.

IMO any company that re-badges a 50mW unit as a 100mW and sells it is a bit shady.

I've never dealt with the company directly (other than asking them what kind of pump diode the unit has, which they would never directly answer, btw) so I cant say much about them. But from what I've heard from others and from this thread, it's not good.
    Yeah I had the feeling. I got it on ebay from them for <500 so it was worth it anyway...
    Just wondering- what did you do to get 250? I'm guessing the life will be much shorter because of it?

Quote Originally Posted by djlightspin View Post
    Yeah I had the feeling. I got it on ebay from them for <500 so it was worth it anyway...
    Just wondering- what did you do to get 250? I'm guessing the life will be much shorter because of it?

Nope! The pump power wasn't touched at all. They have 2.5W or 3W (depending on when they were made) diodes in them, mine is running at 2A

All I did was *very* carefully adjust the TEC temperatures for the LBO and the diode until it made good power and was stable.

Hey Goo, I have got a BLM100 here too and it is doing 82mW. I would be very interested in hearing how I can go about adjusting the temps on the tec and crystal? I want MORE POWER