Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100mw 473nm (blue) - LE Series Economy or CNI

Lightbulb

I did the same as that for both my lasever green and my scanners that I RMA'd to China.

As for beam spec, my CNI blue has the tightest, least divergent of all my lasers. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but my blue is always smaller than the rest, from aperature to 20 feet. I may move my projector to get a longer throw and take some measurments tonight.

ummm is the beam good n the lasever?
    i like the idea of a focus, means i can get a nice small dot
    One thing to consider, you can't adjust the focus on the newer Laser units. At least, not the replacement that I received. Its set in a thread and glued (JB Weld maybe). I think Dreambeamz received a replacement red from them exactly the same as the new blue's, maybe he can chim in as to whever its true for the red as well.

Just go directly to Lasever. I think a 100mW is like $750 or something and you can pay paypal.
    I'd recommend going through Dave/Aijii instead of directly with the manufacturer. They seem to have a little more clout with Lasever when it comes to getting replacements...

Lightbulb

I got home and pointed my projector out the window to the privacy fence at the back of my yard, approx 50 feet away where I have a white sheet hung. I took som pictures with my video camera but can't find the usb cable to move em.

As I mentioned my blue has the best beam specs. It looked a little eliptical at this distance, about 1inch by 1.5 inches. It had a good defined spot. The camera shot I got blooms a bit but is consistant with what I saw, if bigger.

I have to say my red and green do look so well this far. My red is fairly big and eliptical. 1.75 to 2 x 2.5 inches with a more blurred edge. The camera shot I got blooms some but it shows a lil more distorted spot.

The green has slightly better divergence than the red, or is just focused differently as it is a little bigger at the aperature than the red is. something is wrong somewhere becasue there is a small blob off to one of the bottom sides that is a lil more noticable up close. I took the lense out and tried to clean it once to no avail. It blends it at a distance like this and almost makes the spot round, about 2 inched in diameter but with a vauge blurry edge. The camera shot I got blooms as well but the spot looks more like a bright green spil of liquid than a spot. The blob off to the side is very noticable. It looks like a picture someone posted a long time ago about a problem they were having with a green. May have to look that one up later. I think it was lightglow... It looks the same but not as bad.

All and all, @ 50 feet, my blue CNI still has the best looking spot. Although my maxyz is still my favorite laser. You can't beat it's size and will probably out live the blue by an order of magnitude.

I'll post some pics of my lil check when I find the damn USB cable. I had it a SELEM... but that's the last memory of it I have.

Another blue option would be this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MESE:IT

They should be up on the store in the next day or 2 at $1195AUD

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Smile

Aaron;

Your divergence numbers are nearly twice as bad as mine. A while back (while I was reviewinig that DPSS blue laser from Dragon Lasers) I ended up performing the same test you just did. I measured a 20 mm beam spot (from my Lasever blue) at 105 feet, which is just under 1 inch. (Here's the link to the picture in my gallery.) The spots from the other DPSS lasers were only a few mm larger. The worst beam I measured was from a 16 inch HeNe head, and even that spot was just 40 mm in width, which is still less than 2 inches. And remember, this was at a distance of 105 feet! My Maxyz module pair had an eliptical beam that was 40 mm by 23 mm.

Anyway, based on your numbers I think you might need to play with the focusing lenses on your lasers a bit...

Adam

Lightbulb

After a re-try when it was lighter out side and using a real tape measure most of those figures can be close to halved. Not great but better. Once I figure out how to get the pics off this new phone I'll upload them.

I also though about the red and the green. I focused them for a 12 foot throw. They both have good spot on the wall I watch on. I also did this experiement through the dichros since I don't have scanners hooked up at the moment. If that might cause a lil spreadings. The first time I did it it was full night and I think the material on the fence bloomed the spots, and I was measuring with the tip of my thumb.

The blue measured 1 in wide, .5 in tall
    The red was about the same, but I know I can change that, 1.5 in wide, 2 in tall
    The green was an inch round, but the inside of the spot was not perect. Marblelike was my first thought. And it mod hops some.

IS there a way to focus a CNI? I can move the lense on the LE and Maxyz. Not that the CNI needs it much, but they al could use some tightening up like you say.