Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaserNet at LDI show, Nov. 16-18 2007

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Talking LDI

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictureo.jpg  

go big or go home

Thumbs up

I guess it would be tastless to post a picture of mine...

I must say it was a very interesting event. I should have taken a better camera as the new phone is nice, but the camera it has doesn't do well with lasers. I still need to get some software for it also. I did get a cool video of one of the "higher" ILDA members playing an instrament and using the sound to drive the scanners. If I could explain it better I would, but... you know me. I actually want to make sure I am allowed to post that one, but I want to mention it because it was pretty cool and something totally original to me.

Actually I only went to the main floor for about 30 minutes to look for Paul, see they have a cheeseburger platter for $9.50, $3.00 for a bottle of water, and find out that I couldn't pay for that with a credit card. How can you charge that much and not allow someone to pay for it with a credit card. Need to take out a loan for a double... I feel a little bad about not taking any pictures of the floor.

I spent the whole 5 or so hours in the ILDA seminar room. I think the subject was Advanced Scanning... something. I watched the whole thing I just forget the title... There were four speakers and then a whole bunch of shows with a few RGB projectors, two big greens, and RGB for graphics, and one... 1 or 2 watt RGB doing audience scanning. The hazers made the climate control system turn off the AC.

The Lightwave projectors were worth the 45 mile motorcycle trip just to drool over. I'm in love with the 445nm blue...

I'd be happy with one of the 2 watters (there were six), but the 34W beast... I don't even have a smilie for. The only negative was that all these projectors were set up along a... 40... 50 foot wall. It was almost too much. Almost. Double the space and it would have been perfect. Bill had a QM2000 controlling the audience scanning RGB and two big greens on the side and Laserwave had two laptops controlling the six 2W RGBs and the one 34W RGB and they were cycling through ILDA award winning shows. I found out my favorite show isn't for distrabution... They had a very technical, numerical, count up, synch method developed by the one and only Hayden... press, 1, 2, 3release.

All in all I had a great time and got to meet a good number of laser show pioneers and dropped the PL site to a few in hopes they will stop in. I also took from it we should all be happy with the beam specs of DPSS lasers, for nothing more than our power bills. And water bills, I remeber someone mentioning opening a fire hydrant for extra watercooling. IT would definatly be cool to go see this next year in Las Vegas.

I'll post some pics when I get them off the phone. I really should have brought the DV cam.