Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Instant lasershow: music visualization!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    A lot of the people that have benefitted from his efforts are not even Pangolin customers. (Or at least, not yet! )
    Thats the key - and so many people or comapnies are so damn short sighted that they cant see the value of this simple investment in thier time. Everyone respects Bill for this - I know I have much more respect for him through the time he takes to answer posts on here. Its very rarely a few words, its often great length great detail and great insight - and he has no reason to impart his knowledge to us except to command that respect. And for this reason - (and several others ) I know that though I am not a Pango customer now - I certainly will be sometime in the future.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thats the key - and so many people or comapnies are so damn short sighted that they cant see the value of this simple investment in thier time. Everyone respects Bill for this - I know I have much more respect for him through the time he takes to answer posts on here. Its very rarely a few words, its often great length great detail and great insight - and he has no reason to impart his knowledge to us except to command that respect. And for this reason - (and several others ) I know that though I am not a Pango customer now - I certainly will be sometime in the future.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    If we weren't busy working on our next-generation software, I would put some time into the SDK for the FB3. But developing the SDK takes time, because it involves not only the code, but also documentation and example programs. All of this takes time.... Basically, the way I feel is that everybody can use our new advanced software, but not everybody can use an SDK, so we have to prioritize tasks. I hope you all understand...

But actually let me look into how difficult it would be to port our Winamp plugin over the work with the FB3... Our Winamp plugin would certainly do the visual seen in the YouTube video (plus a whole lot more of course)... If it only takes a day or two, then it will be worth it. I usually don't mind a distraction that only lasts a day...

Best regards,

William Benner
    To add to what Rob said, Pango decided to sell the LA Freak package only to hobbyist so that they didn't need to 'support' it.
    Developing the SDK is something that wasn't really part of the deal.

Now that is customer service. (as an aside what Bill has done for me makes Pango one hell of a good company in my books)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Pango decided to sell the LA Freak package only to hobbyist so that they didn't need to 'support' it.
    Developing the SDK is something that wasn't really part of the deal.
    That really says it all Jim

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

thanks Mike,

I'll make this one available as well, will send it out to the same group that got laser tennis. I see Bill's point about developing an SDK. It's amazing how much work goes into making a small piece of software ready to be run by others on other computers and other projectors onto of just developing the idea itself.
    I'm taking comments for improvements and such for the next version.

cheers,
    Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    thanks Mike,

I'll make this one available as well, will send it out to the same group that got laser tennis. I see Bill's point about developing an SDK. It's amazing how much work goes into making a small piece of software ready to be run by others on other computers and other projectors onto of just developing the idea itself.
    I'm taking comments for improvements and such for the next version.

cheers,
    Z.
    Will it be able to run with either the MediaLas USB or the QM32?
    Jim

Hi Jimbo, right now it will only work on easylase, it is the only hardware I have and can develop for.