Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "We Like Pictures"

Default "We Like Pictures"

Here's a sweet deal I scored from Mike (MechEng3) on a 'lil 80mW greenie-
    (Thanks Mike) - I finally got to get rid of my WL pointer in the projector, so I get to play Darth again (or Luke) and its got analog mod. I think It'll mix well with the dual Maxyzs , now I just gotta get a blue. I tore down my whole projector for a total re-do so its gonna be some fun with the G124s from Steve too ..wheeee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasever.JPG  

Last edited by steve-o; 11-23-2007 at 16:04.

Cool

Lookin' good there, Steve-o! Sounds like you've been busy lately. Keep up the good work. (Love the pictures, btw!)

Adam

Thanks Adam, yeah got alot going on at the moment (been on vacation (holiday) this week so a little time 4 some fun (altho the wifes been sick all week and been at home ) so no real 'alone time' hehe --ah well-- -gotta a little bit of lazer fun done..

Talking

Looks great ! Keep up the works. I have been re-doing myself....for a few weeks now. I had to trial fit everything to see how it worked out.....smooth fit. I am ready to wire it up and start aligning beams now. Should be over a watt on the meter....it will appear to be more than 1.6 watts though. Should be very closely balanced white. More pix in my gallery....all the way at the bottom of the list. Here are a couple of them.....One more to build right behind this one.......there are 5 lasers if you look close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2393.JPG  

100_2401.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Hey Mike,

So what are the 5 lasers, do you have two or three different wavelength reds in there?

-Max

Just 2 reds.....650nm and 635nm.....200mw each. All Lasever units eccept for the MaXYZ module. May have to pin hole the 635 to get all of it on the mirror. Little loss in power is OK. I am waiting on PBS cubes from Bridge that should have been here by now. I sent the funds via bank wite to him on Monday, 11/19/07. They should have went out the next day. He had all of the bank contact info if there was a trust issue. I expected the normal 3 or 4 day shipment,International Express. I have had this type of service from DHL and TNT. I did pick up a couple of nice KS-1 thorlab mounts and milled the 1/2" optic holder off to accept the cubes. They should be better than just a MM-1 for 3 axis alignment. Everything is waiting on those cubes.......to do final checks ........action shots may come soon.....Should be more than 1 watt on the meter...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Hey Mike,
    Thanks again for the good deal on the LE.
    What are you using to combine the 635 and the 660? The cube?
    Steve

Sorry but can I ask some dumb questions...
    Mike Where do you get heat sink stuff like that, and how do you attach it to the baseplate / case? Welding?

I love the bottom shelf...

Cheers Graham

Glad you are enjoying it Steve ! I have planned on using the cube as the losses will be very small.

As for the heat sink and drivers....all the pieces are bolted down with 6-32 socket head cap screws. Everything is made to be component level serviced. I like a modular machine as it it easier to modify. Seems logical to me,thats all. Most of the sinks I have saved from scrapped out equipment or cut down to make them work with what I need it for. Lots of this stuff can be picked up a hamfest or internet sites....e-bay has a few things now and again. Allelectronics also has had a few items like these sinks...

Looks tight Mike, nice job! Look forward to seeing it at the next event.