Thread: How about a Laser Safety forum?

Default How about a Laser Safety forum?

Seems to me that some of the beam shows that have been shown recently on this forum involve audience scanning with high-power lasers - not a good idea. Given the increasing affordability of more powerful lasers, how about a forum section dedicated to safety matters?

Default RE: safety

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    Seems to me that some of the beam shows that have been shown recently on this forum involve audience scanning with high-power lasers - not a good idea. Given the increasing affordability of more powerful lasers, how about a forum section dedicated to safety matters?
    Hey green -

Hear! Hear!! and certainly, this would be the perfect place for all of us to share with those still learning (which is all of us! things like CDRH regs for importing DPSSs, FAA regs, folks' expertise in getting variances approved (ie: we can help with that!) and those who are ILDA members who can share the gems gleaned from ILDA meetings and efforts to further safety... cause certainly lively (but important) discussions like what started here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...?t=3349&page=2 and went for 3 more pages - in a forum about a members' nicely-built PROJECTOR (!!) truly deserve their own forum...

Also, what about a forum for us to all share horror (ie: like the time when I knocked an I-90 off a lighting truss, 15' up and other such gems..) and victory stories (you know, when all the hot chicks come up after and ask you how did you DO that???? Wait, I know - - we could call it "...The Thrill of Victory & The Agony of Defeat..." forum

- jon
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...