Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM MARK II set for March 1st, 2008

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the information and the ride offer although right now, I have a rent a car for the weekend. I have a tentative offer on a free place to stay but, need to confirm that later on. I still have to call LSDI to make sure they will be there for a visit. I would also like to visit Pangolin on that
    friday as well. I will call them tomarrow for appointments. Is Bill Benner
    or King Hayden coming out to this meet?

Best Regards,

Mark

Smile

When I called Pangolin last week, both Bill and Hayden said they were planning to attend FLEM Mark II. However, as I'm sure you are aware, they are both quite busy, and if their schedule changes.... Well, you know.

Still, right now they're both planning to come. For the record, Bill has managed to attend every meet we've had thus far, though a couple times it's only been through shear luck. (He travels a lot.)

Adam

So, with FLEM II fast approching, how come we don't have a nifty raffle like our fellow Brits?

Smile

Because I've been swamped, and haven't had time to set one up, that's why.

Sorry dude, but I just didn't have time to organize it. I'll probably have a couple raffles lined up for SELEM 2008, but with everything going on right now there's no way I was going to even try.

Besides, we've always had fun at our meets even without the raffles and door prizes. (Don't get me wrong, door prizes are great, but they aren't the driving force behind these events.)

And to tell you the truth, I feel like I'm seriously imposing on others whenever I have to ask a supplier to work a deal like that for us. I even felt guilty accepting the offer of the scanners from Dave and Aijii at LaserShowParts.com for the SELEM 2007 door prizes, even though it was their idea to start with!

Eh - call me a chickenshit I guess, but I would hate to be a company president and have to answer a request for free or reduced-cost stuff.

Maybe I should appoint Aaron in charge of door prizes? I think he'd be better at it anyway; he's always been good about finding bargains...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Because I've been swamped, and haven't had time to set one up, that's why.

Sorry dude, but I just didn't have time to organize it. I'll probably have a couple raffles lined up for SELEM 2008, but with everything going on right now there's no way I was going to even try.

Besides, we've always had fun at our meets even without the raffles and door prizes. (Don't get me wrong, door prizes are great, but they aren't the driving force behind these events.)

And to tell you the truth, I feel like I'm seriously imposing on others whenever I have to ask a supplier to work a deal like that for us. I even felt guilty accepting the offer of the scanners from Dave and Aijii at LaserShowParts.com for the SELEM 2007 door prizes, even though it was their idea to start with!

Eh - call me a chickenshit I guess, but I would hate to be a company president and have to answer a request for free or reduced-cost stuff.

Maybe I should appoint Aaron in charge of door prizes? I think he'd be better at it anyway; he's always been good about finding bargains...

Adam
    Well, I can certainly relate to the whole, "I'm too busy" part of it! About being a chicken to ask for reduced-cost stuff, I think you might be missing something. Think of it this way, if you were a manufacturer or a resaler, it would be beneficial, to send new/exciting product to such an event at a reduced cost. If we have 20-30 folks at FLEM II, thats 20-30 potential buyers that will have an opportunity to see your product in action.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Think of it this way, if you were a manufacturer or a resaler, it would be beneficial, to send new/exciting product to such an event at a reduced cost. If we have 20-30 folks at FLEM II, thats 20-30 potential buyers that will have an opportunity to see your product in action.
    Well, you have a point there, but I still feel like I'm groveling when I have to ask for it.

Adam

hey guys... i had some personal issues last year and had to sell all my lasers... but im looking to dive into it again and would love to stop by your meet (im in miami)

i have a small green lab with some crappy scanners that werent worth selling... they are good for patterns and stuff dunno if its really worth bringing... now if you guys are into music, i have some headphones that are definately worth listening to

Smile

Hi Flecom!

You're welcome to come; we'd be happy to have you attend. Though I must warn you: once you see all the gear on display, you might be tempted to get a second mortgage on the house to start buying laser gear again!

Actually, at the first FLEM (back in January of 2007) we only had 2 members in attendance that were running Pangolin hardware. (The rest of us were running Mamaba Black w/ Easylase, or Poplescan w/ a home made DAC, or the Alphalite XC pro hardware/software combination.) Fast forward to October of 2007, and everyone that brought a projector was running Pangolin! So yeah, it's addictive, but in a good way!

Bring your green laser with your scanners if you'd like. Most people bring all sorts of other junk as well. Bring a camera for sure, and a laptop (or external hard drive) if you want to swap laser pics and movies.

I'm hoping that DZ will be able to attend; he's got a nice set of speakers and a big amp to drive them, along with a small mixer. If he can't make it, then I'll have to beg with Paul to break out some of his audio gear from one of the storage units. (Paul's stuff is *huge* and *heavy*, which is why I'm hoping DZ can make it!)

Do you have directions to the venue? If not, send me a PM and I'll shoot you a link to a map.

Adam

im finally back in the swing of things and im (hopefully) going to be ordering stuff soon...
    Last edited by flecom; 02-26-2008 at 06:32.

I will be there!!!

we need homebrew bewmaster!!
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.