Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lasever help - wiring

my green is black with no barrel.

seems to of held up fine so far
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

LOL. That was meant to be a PM but glad to hear your green is doing OK. My new 50mw blue is putting out 100mw! Andy, you should send your blue back while it is under warranty, in my opionion.

i need to check it first

might try do it this week.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

DZ is spending the week at Disney with his family, so he probably won't be replying anytime soon. However, I can attest to the fact that his new Lasever Blue (the new "brick" style head with no barrel or turret on the front) is still going strong.

For what it's worth, when I got my Lasever blue back from China (for the 3rd time) back in May, it came in the old design (with the barrel on the front), just like all the other versions. But even so, it's still doing fine after nearly 6 months of hard use.

Adam

Do you know what the problem was with the others? David said my seal was bad. My warranty expires next month so I guess if it goes bad I have to fix it myself so it would be good to know all of the likely problems.

Cool

David Wu never admitted what the real problem was to me, though several people here have their own theories. The one I've heard most often is a failure of the TEC circuit, either causing the temp of the doubling stage to rise outside of the optimal range, or causing physical misalignment of the cavity due to termal expansion.

Mike (MechEng3) has managed to repair *both* of his Lasever DPSS Blue lasers himself, so he might be in a better position to comment on exactly which problems he found...

It does appear that the problem has been solved, however, as I haven't heard of any more problems with Lasever DPSS Blue lasers that were purchased (or reparied under warranty) after May of 2008.

Adam

I disassembled my 200mW green Lasever some weeks ago, because it was outputing only 50mW (and was not under warranty). When you see the poor method used to hold the crystals in place, you can easily imagine how it can move by itself!
    But I managed to increase the power by turning some screws and trying to move the assembly. Now it outputs 120-150mW, which isn't the original power (350mW!!!), but still better than 50mW

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Howdy. I was looking at this old post of yours showing your lasever unit. I just received a replacement and it looks like the one in your pic. it is black instead with no barrel. I was wondering how yours is holding up.
    Hey carmangary, despite having shaved about 1/4" off the top of the unit, its still working fine. I think its been nearly a year now.

Well, luckily I won't need to shave it down. I haven't checked it yet but can you tell me if the beam is the same height as the one with the barrel? Or will I need to machine a new spacer? I did confirm that the mounting holes are in the same position, though.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Well, luckily I won't need to shave it down. I haven't checked it yet but can you tell me if the beam is the same height as the one with the barrel? Or will I need to machine a new spacer? I did confirm that the mounting holes are in the same position, though.
    Yeah, the beam height was different. I don't remember if it was too high or too low though.