Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 400mw+ 532nm Group Buy, Animation software and galvos

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Yeah, you have other things going on, so you couldn't be bothered to make *any* posts in the 3 months since you joined, and when you finally decided to post, it was in the group buy forum. (This is what I was basing my comment above on. Not your join date, but your first post.)

Then you start a group buy thread with little (scratch that, NO) information about what you're selling. People ask questions, and your very next post is offensive and rude. (I'm refering to your "Lamer's Forum" crack.&quot So rather than supplying information and being helpful you get defensive. As if people should automatically respect your authority even though we don't know dick about you?

And now you're trying to claim that you're only here to save us money and help us with the knowledge you've gained?

*BULLSHIT* !!!

Where the hell have you been these last three months? Why haven't you jumped in on any of the threads and offered to help someone with your "knowledge". There have been plenty of threads that have raised thorny questions... Questions that an expert like yourself could have answered easily. But you've remained silent.

I don't give a shit if Spec himself invited you to the forums. You haven't shown anyone that you're here to help. And you haven't offered any contributions to the forums in the few months that you've been signed up. All you've done is post a lame message making some wild claims about the great deals you can supposedly arrange for us on some TTL-only lasers that aren't really what we're looking for in the first place. (Which you would have known if you had read some of the threads over the past three months.) You sound like a leech to me.

If you have years of experience in the laser show industry and / or in the sale of lasers and optical components, then why haven't you participated in any other discussions? Oh. That's right. You've been too busy. How convenient. Well guess what? *EVERYONE* is busy! We all have our own lives, our own jobs, and our own families to attend to. But we take time out from our schedule to check in here and help out the group. What the fuck makes you so special?

Personally, I don't care if you are a professional or not. I don't care if you can get me a great deal on a laser or not. Lots of people can get me a great deal on a laser. But what I value a lot more is the person that will take time out from their busy day to offer advice and / or assistance to people when they need it. To me, that's more valuable than saving $100 on a laser.

You think the reason people are cracking on you is because they're your competitors? WRONG! They're bashing you because you're acting like an ass! Like you don't have a clue what the forums are for. Like you've never participated in one before. And like you're another huckster out to make a buck and nothing more.

Screw the "Happy Holidays"... Go to hell dude.

Adam
    Dude get a clue. First I was not the first one to throw out the Lammer name. It was directed at me and responded to that person. Second, you may not have serious health issues and have your spine ripped open three times within a year but I have. You should think before you post as if you were posting to yourself. Your reply just makes you look like a simpleton!

Default Bashing...

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Three months ago

Either way, we're not here to ream you, people just wanted questions answered. I know many of us can be anxious to get those answers and this progresses (and has the snowball-effect) as time goes on.

While Photon Lexicon may not be a "Professional Organization" it is comprised of many professionals and many people who are here to help the undereducated (in regards to laser shows). While your efforts are noted, we do appreciate them. I think people just wanted some rigid answers, up to this point, from my opinion it seems you have been unavailable to provide them. I (and I am sure I'm not alone saying this) have no doubt that you are a busy person. We all have lives too, and we are all very busy. But don't let being busy stop you from answering a few questions. After all you had the time to come here and post twice today.

I have a hard time using eBay feedback as proof that anyone is trustworthy or that their products are trustworthy. Simply due to the fact that it has a limited time span that allows the buyer to become fully familiar with a product and usually is very short lived compared to the warranty of a product. On top of it all most users post feedback when they get the product or a few days after. Granted yes you can revoke or modify feedback to an extent. But still its not a very effective way to give a quantitative or qualitative estimate of the quality of a product or service.

I ask what manufacturer it is, not because I want to go behind your back to buy them direct. But simply because I would be able to get some more information regarding the lasers. Rather than the one you have been distributing constantly. I doubt if I purchased a laser from your GB that it would come producing 447mW. In fact the laws of probability state that the probability that one observation is equal to an exact number is equal to zero. On top of it all, I am just trying to help get the right answers that people are looking for, since I am not currently looking for a 400mw 532nm laser, I have one that is producing over 1W currently being shipped to me.

Like I said earlier... we're not trying to bash you in any way. Please don't read this post as if I am trying to bash you. I am actually just stating an opinion. After all thats whats great about this internet thing... it allows us to express that freely...

THANK YOU! Finally a reasonable person that can ask and answer questions and posts without name calling. I find it ridiculous for me to come on and try to help people out and get bashed for it. Why even bother trying to help anyone if they get this kind of response. As I responded to another person not as nice as yourself "you don't know me" "if you had serious medical problems and have had your spine ripped open three times a year you might not be on so often either". I guess they count all their posts including bashing as some kind of helpful tool. If that's what counts for posts here I rather not. Good luck to you my friend as you are going to need it with some of these people.

I think the biggest problem most people here have had, is that you kinda come across with a "Holier than thou" attitude. What you may not realise is the wealth of experience and knowledge here on this forum. I'd be willing to bet that the aggregate experience of all the active members exceed 500 years. I myself, built my first projector 14 years ago. I can say that you are doing no one here a favor by selling a TTL only laser.

Oh, and screw Happy Holidays... Merry Christmas!

*Waits (impatiently) for answers*

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I think the biggest problem most people here have had, is that you kinda come across with a "Holier than thou" attitude. What you may not realise is the wealth of experience and knowledge here on this forum. I'd be willing to bet that the aggregate experience of all the active members exceed 500 years. I myself, built my first projector 14 years ago. I can say that you are doing no one here a favor by selling a TTL only laser.

Oh, and screw Happy Holidays... Merry Christmas!
    I come off as being "holier than though?" No, not me. Some people (not saying you) on this boards think they know everything and only there word/opinion matters. There is more than one side to everything and usually more than one right answer. I am just trying to help folks out with info and try to safe them some decent money (upwards of $300 each or more) off of lasers. As I stated in another post nooone knows all the answers not even the wise guys here that's why it is good to have a place where people can go to exchange information and ideas. It doesn't help anyone to blast every message and use those wonderfully profane words. You never know, the person you blast may be the one who holds the answer you have been looking for. I look forward to holding adult conversations and exchanging information with the adults on the board. I am offering TTL units as I have been asked for these more than any others. Some of these units can do both analogue and TTL. I can also get straight analogue unit too at a considerable savings. Whether someone chooses to use either of these depends on the project they are undertaking. Of course all this depends on if you are using the lasers for lab use, health research or lasershows. The modulation type is usually depicted by what software you purchase. I have found that the interface on the laser units that I acquire work great with Full Auto software. Not only does it work well with the blanking, but also the color blending. You may not like TTL or analogue for that matter but there will always be someone else swearing the other is "the best". Can't we all just get along?! Merry Christmas Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Hi, any pictures and how much
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    i only asked for a price and a picture and im still waiting..................waiting.................. ......waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudonomen137 View Post
    *Waits (impatiently) for answers*
    First, I would like to point out that you have possibly 2 customers waiting for some answers.

Secondly, I have to say, I really respect Adam, he is one of several members that have helped me bring my projector to where it is today! Saying that he considers his posts -including bashings- as a 'helpful tool' would be quite a leap too far. I am all for discussion, I have nothing wrong with it in fact. And I am aware that there has been some serious volleying of stuff said either way... whatever, it happens, I've been there.

We are a serious crowd, GC all people want to know are the answers to a few questions. And as Adam did say, I think pushing a TTL laser is going to be a bit difficult to do here. Most of the people either already have analog or are planning on getting an analog laser.

If you could get us 400mW - 473nm or 457nm lasers for that price you can be sure to count me in

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCornholio View Post
    Some people (not saying you) on this boards think they know everything and only there word/opinion matters.
    Well I can't argue with that, I'm sure I could be accused of such a thing!

I am offering TTL units as I have been asked for these more than any others. Some of these units can do both analogue and TTL. I can also get straight analogue unit too at a considerable savings. Whether someone chooses to use either of these depends on the project they are undertaking. Of course all this depends on if you are using the lasers for lab use, health research or lasershows.
    Well this I can understand, I'm sure there are loads of applications out there that work just fine using a TTL laser. Here though, a vast majority of active members use thier lasers for entertainment purposes. Where, to be frank, most have no need for TTL lasers. I think there may be a few folks here that still have controllers that support only TTL for color, however, again, most have controllers that run analog for color. Especially since the release of Pangolin's hobby controller. Even then, several of us also have full blown QM2K's and/or QM32's.

You may not like TTL or analogue for that matter but there will always be someone else swearing the other is "the best".
    Well, the one true benefit of offering an analog laser, is that it can be effectively controlled by either a TTL signal or analog. So you get the best of both worlds with an analog laser.

You know, the ironic part of this whole thread, is that if you wanted a 3rd party evaluation of the product you sell, then Buffo would have been the best person to have given a review for the rest of us in the forum as he is a very well respected and trusted person here.

Anyway, since I plan on puchasing a 1Watt unit sometime next year, why don't you send me some details and a price. Either here on the forum or through PM would be fine.

Arrow GreatCornholio's rapid fall

Oh, now the "pity me, I've got medical problems" approach.

Give me a break. Marconi also has back problems and just recently recovered from not one but two spinal surgeries less than a week apart! Yet he still manages to post here, plus answer e-mails, plus work at the TV station, plus stay on top of the orders for his wildly popular Maxyz modules. Hell, I was out with a back injury earlier this year, too.

Things are tough all over, buddy. And so far all you've been able to do is whine. You *STILL* haven't contributed anything of value to the forums, nor have you answered the questions posed by three different members here in this thread about the product you're selling.

More to the point, you haven't done anything except go on the offensive since you started the thread. Nor can you be bothered to answer any charges leveled at you. First you claim that you're an expert and only came here to help, then you claim that you're too busy, and now you claim that you've got back trouble. To say that it all sounds fishy is a gross understatement.

How about instead of offering excuses, you loose your attitude and acknowledge the fact that you walked into this thread with a chip on your shoulder? That might go a long way towards repairing your image among the members here.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear: When you came back with that "lamer's forum" crack, you were *way* out of line. Yes, Dr. Laser said it first. That does not give you the right to flame away. He's been here quite a while, you haven't. Had you calmly replied with details about your lasers, and perhaps registered your dissapointment with the "lamer" comment, I would have backed you 100%. (Personally, I thought Dr Laser's comment was a bit harsh, but I decided to wait and see how you would handle it.)

Instead, you went on the offensive, and with less than 10 posts under your belt at the time, that was the WRONG THING TO DO. If anyone had any doubts about entering into a group buy with someone so new to the board, your attacks certainly helped them to make up their minds.

Then you compounded the problem by continuing to make excuses for yourself instead of answering the questions at hand. *That* is what brought down the rest of the board on your case. At that point it didn't matter who you were or what you were selling; you'd identified yourself as a jerk, and that means more to people here than anything else.

The last straw was when you attacked me personally. I certainly don't know everything, and have never claimed to. But I did voice my reservations about your relative lack of posting history, and your hostile answers to the early questions in this thread. For that, I'm treated to a diatrabe from you on helping the community. Ho Ho! That's rich! Clearly, you haven't been paying attention for the past 3 months that you've been registered here.

I don't need a lecture from you about sharing information or helping the community; I've got that pretty well covered already. You have *no* idea how much time I've put into this place, even though I'm not affiliated with it in any way. I do what I do because it helps the community. And if you'd bothered to pay even one iota of attention to the forums in the past three months that you've been registered, you would have known all of this. But you blasted away without even checking.

I have *zero* patience for people like that, and my previous post explained my position quite clearly. As for the profanity the post contained, well, just consider how few of my other posts have that sort of tone, and you can gauge how wrong you had to be to provoke my ire to that degree. But, alas, in order for you to consider the tone of my other posts, you would have had to have read some of them, which I'll wager you haven't. If you had done more reading, you would have also known that Dr. Laser has a penchant for speaking his mind, and that more often than not his bark is worse than his bite.

You want to impress us? Fine. Get rid of the attitude and start answering questions. You certainly talk a lot about "sharing information"; why not start doing exactly that? You can start with the questions posted here in this thread, but I'd like to see you answer some questions in the other forums as well. Show us that you're willing to make an investment in the community here. Because if you don't care about the community, how are we going to trust you with regard to purchasing a laser? (Not to mention honoring warranties.?.)

Your move.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Dude pass me some popcorn I'll bring some Pepsi!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    it's not a lammer's forum

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=black
    GreatCornholio;37950]I was not the first one to throw out the Lammer name. It was directed at me and responded to that person[/color]
    GreatCornholio, did you consider the possibility that he was saying this is not a forum comprised of lamers, and wasn't necessarily calling you one?

I think it's fair to say your approach to sales requires some fine tuning. Had you spent some time browsing the forum before dropping in, you would've realised this is a helpful and protective place where you need to earn a degree of respect and trust to be able to sell your products here. Other sellers have tried (and failed) to do this in the past due to the open and protective nature of this forum we all enjoy.