Thread: Dangerous laser skull

Default Dangerous laser skull

Don't know if you remember the thread a while back on laser safety but I think it was Steve-o who posted this hilarious hand drawn skull. I believe it disappeared mysteriously, luck I saved it back then on my HD. I always wanted to convert that into ilda... well it has been done and here it is. Credits of course go to the original artist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skull2.GIF  

skully.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zoof; 01-04-2008 at 07:29.

Thanks Zoof!
    Good work on that new lasergame too! ;-)

Zoof... looks awesome!

I cant wait to have my projector back up to see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Thanks Zoof!
    Good work on that new lasergame too! ;-)
    Welcome to the forums Decix, you have a mighty fine looking projector! How much power output do you have total?

It would be really cool if we could all start a library of frames that we create. We already have the FTP site but I am thinking more of something HTML based where you can see a preview of the frame before downloading it. It could also give information such as a description, who created it, and rules for using it, number of points in the frame, etc.

I haven't done any web programming so I don't know the best way to do it but I do know how it could be done. I could write a custom web client that allows you to upload frames to the FTP site. When you do, it would create a small bitmap image of the frame and allow you to create a name, description, and comments. This would all be added to the FTP site along with the ILDA frame file. Within the same client, I could allow you to browse all of the files on and it would display the bitmap and info before actually downloading the ILDA file. The downside to this is that you need a custom client and it requires extra stuff to be stored on the FTP site.

It's possible that this could be done with an ActiveX control that works within IE but I have never tried that.

Anyway, I'd be willing to do it (for free of course) but first I'd need:
    1) Buy in from you that you would actually use it and would create and upload frames.
    2) FTP space to store the files.

I'm open to better ideas if anyone has them.

Thank you!
    Because it would be OT in this Thread, I just wrote a small introduction of myself over here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?p=39520

Hi Decix,

great looking website! did you build that dual red yourself?
    And welcome to PL!

Matthijs

Dual-red is not done yet.
    The one I'm currently using is a single Diode with TEC which I bought from LaserFreak Guido (mylaserpage). Of course it's driven over the specs, but who cares... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    Don't know if you remember the thread a while back on laser safety but I think it was Steve-o who posted this hilarious hand drawn skull. I believe it disappeared mysteriously, luck I saved it back then on my HD. I always wanted to convert that into ilda... well it has been done and here it is. Credits of course go to the original artist
    Maybe I'm just a dork, but I think that would make an awesome tattoo!

I've often thought there are a lot of tatoos out there that would make great laser art!

James.