Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Who did CONANs show

Quote Originally Posted by nanoWatt View Post
    80 watts is crazy. According to this document, I'm reading that you're not supposed to have more than 12 watts in a laser show.
    Hey Nano -

Yeah, you use 80W for when, like, you're lighting the PYRAMIDS in Egypt - or the MOON - 40W is PLENTY sufficient for most gigs that require that 'KTP punch'...

RE: FAA/CDRH - that's why they call it a VARIANCE (from the standards) - Approval is simply a matter of demonstrating to them, via clear drawings, (sometimes pix or 'sims') explicit descriptions, accurate details of beam powers / energy density / beam dia. / divergence, etc, to plug into their 'aeronautical study' to determine hazards at given distances / elevation angles, etc - typically, higher powers for a show (even up to 60 or more Watts) will be easier to get approved at higher divergence / beam dia.'s, and distance from / 'azimuth' (compass direction) in relation-to flight approach paths, etc- for obvious reasons...FYI, FAA's most current regs/calcs/info start here: (4+ pages...) http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...R/air2901.html - njoy!

(below is an FAA-approved gig example with a 40W - and I am sure those amazing ones from 'Kaptain KTP' were, too...) - you can do it, but it is a good amount of 'homework' - if only I (really many of us) had had such a 'newbie-friendly', easy-access forum with such freely-doled-out advice 10 years ago - info / trade secrets / advice was VERY 'tight to the jacket' back then... had to pass at least SOME 'rites of passage' / earn trust, and THEN slowly, you'd get 'let into the classroom' - it was more of a 'go, DO your OWN homework FIRST, then we'll share' - at least that's the 'skool' I was 'raised' in... guess the point I am getting to is, THREE CHEERS FOR SPEC!!

PAT (Wizard of 'Emerald City' ) - got any of yer mind-blowing werk from BM? - I've got some pix I think MIGHT be yer werk, but nut sure...lemme know...

And Steve - yeah, I'd be ALL OVER seeing that 8W of 640 that would be a beautiful sight! - I'd love to see pix of the work you've done with dyes - maybe links to other threads, where you posted pix, etc...

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC_TX_1.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Shows what can be achieved if you apply yourself / what you've learned, and determine NOT to EVER do HACK work!!!

Truer words have never been spoken! All you guys with these DPSS machines have it pretty easy. (spoken like an old man) You plug in something in a wall and get light. We had to peel back the foreskins of technology to make light, so all that extra time you have laying around you should spend making your system from the plug in the wall to the light on the wall...PERFECT!!! NO EXCUSES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Interesting read... I found the little section in there that states that performers cannot be exposed to anything more than class II
    Hey wassup 'TV' (kidding)

...yeah, interesting, huh Hayden... is this MORE than 1mW (Class II)??

...we'll never know - but I think I CAN sure say that these guys sure should have known better / done it legal / blah, blah, blah - another interesting thing is, if you watch the video right after this 'hit' (~1:29-ish), Conan BLINKS rather 'hardcore' - seems more like a 'trying to clear away all this GREEN I am still seeing'-blink, rather than your typical 'quickie-blink' - just stood out to me as one big, fat blink... hmmmm...

...hacks.

peace..
    - J

...and yeah, not sure if I'll be able to get to either of the LEMs, but next time I'm down near O-Town, I'll look ya's up and we can go visit ol' Grampa Patron... ...AFTER we lase
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-18-2008 at 12:12.

Jon - Thanks for the info, I'm just really curious about everything, I like to know how stuff works, why, and for what.... just because I can I guess. Random knowledge is my niche (spelling? on the work computer and I dont have spell check )

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Amazing machine, but NOT for amatuers, and the modified medical ones take skill to keep going.

For example, you dont initially tune them for max green, you tune them for max IR leakage at the fold mirrors. Thus it takes skill.

hope this answers your question.

Steve
    Steve, thanks to you too! I would also love to see the 8 watts of 640nm!! That, I'm sure, would be a beautiful sight to see!

And yeah I am sure some skill is needed... for the time being, I love dpss But wouldn't mind learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Vag Burner - one of the little talked about secrets of Co2 & KTP lasers is to remove venerial warts (sorry about spelling, i never had them)

second place...HA! I dont know if I am or whatever.............
    Well I'm glad to hear you've never had them HAHA! The plastic thing was the thing that won first place that year right? What is it?

Truer words have never been spoken! All you guys with these DPSS machines have it pretty easy. (spoken like an old man) You plug in something in a wall and get light. We had to peel back the foreskins of technology to make light, so all that extra time you have laying around you should spend making your system from the plug in the wall to the light on the wall...PERFECT!!! NO EXCUSES!!!
    Haha Laserman, I love how descriptive you can be! Yeah like I said it up there the DPSS is pretty easy... almost too easy.

Milptack said:

The plastic thing was the thing that won first place that year right? What is it?

I say.- thank you for making my point.

Haha...! Well whatever it was, it clearly wasn't that memorable or industry changing!!

Sorry buddy... maybe the ILDA can revoke the 1st place award and give it to you

Default Muhahahahah I cant wait until this guy starts doing shows!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYNxaZyoPc

i see what ya mean jon, unfortunately he won a laserscope collimator of mine off of ebay!!! Now he has a video of it. His wife says watch out for your eyes!
    And the darwin award goes to...

Default Holy SH*T BAT MAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYNxaZyoPc

i see what ya mean jon, unfortunately he won a laserscope collimator of mine off of ebay!!! Now he has a video of it. His wife says watch out for your eyes!
    And the darwin award goes to...

That video is very mmmm no words, Thats the most...his equipment is totally.... Never mind.

With that video we all know that we must protect all the professionals Laserists and such from ....that above video.......crazy.

Marcus

Default Laserman532 Translates Video for all you who dont speak retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Existance Prod. View Post
    That video is very mmmm no words, Thats the most...his equipment is totally.... Never mind.

With that video we all know that we must protect all the professionals Laserists and such from ....that above video.......crazy.

Marcus
    ok dudes i took this old POS vag burner, hacked it to pieces got a wobblie old cart from home depo, african engineered this in to a real piece shit. Now if you can hear my voice over this noisy machine it is running at 1.6 watts....muahahhahaha now i am going to stick my finger into this funky surplus knob here and crank up the current, like this...now reading 1.7 watts now i am going to flick on the radioshack switch are you ready??? BAMMMMAMMMMMM MUSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i am the coolest mofo on this planet!!! this invention came like into my mind like man BAAAMMMMAMMMMMM notice how it slowly climbs to 32 watts yeah man like yea man cool like man cool like real man cool...ok notw it is getting hot let me turn off the q switch BAMMMMMAMMMMAMMM offf now like man now and like yeaheyaahyyea bBAMMAB<<<<<<<A A like man like ummmmmmmmm yeah. Oh yeah one other time...BAMMMAMAMMMMAMMA

His wife says watch out for your eyes!
    ..yeah, SHE should know...

..poor thing....

Well, hopefully the call he gets from Sean Boyd next week will 'encourage him' to do this RIGHT - I really, really, really, do NOT wanna play 'lasercop', but if I can help prevent this Guy from blinding his daughter, too while trying to 'warm her bottle' (undoubtedly a 'coming attraction' in his 'theatre of blindness', here! ) or shooting down a plane by 'accident' , well, at least I'll be able to sleep at night knowing I tried... - I mean, I told him, CALL ME SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT YOUR CONVERSION BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT IT - THESE ARE NOT TOYS!!! - yeah, HE listened real well...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Existance Prod. View Post
    That video is very mmmm no words, Thats the most...his equipment is totally....
    ...I think the words you're looking for start with P and end with R, right??

...actually, even this guys' work is a step up from PR's 'little shop-of-horrors' - there are not enough styrofoam-cups and duct tape beer cans held on with rope and some cat hair!!

I won't be a lasercop, but if I can nip even ONE future-PR 'in the bud', I think I will have done nearly as much 'service to mankind' as Neil Armstrong...

peace, Marcus...

-J
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-18-2008 at 21:33.