Thread: Laser Software- Full Auto

Default Laser Software- Full Auto

i guess im the new king of the "dumb question" club....

for those of you that use OSLS Full Auto (or older X-29) is there a way to adjust speed while in "Show mode?" Say i make a beam effect. a slow beam target of 4 or 5 mirrors. i wanna start it reaal slow and slowly speed it up, but while in SHOW MODE, not adjust mode! am i missing something?
    -Marc

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    i guess im the new king of the "dumb question" club....

for those of you that use OSLS Full Auto (or older X-29) is there a way to adjust speed while in "Show mode?" Say i make a beam effect. a slow beam target of 4 or 5 mirrors. i wanna start it reaal slow and slowly speed it up, but while in SHOW MODE, not adjust mode! am i missing something?
    Hey Marc
    - I am gonna be calling you in a few minutes about your other ??s anyway - we can chat about it then..

ciao
    - J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

works for me!

-Marc

Cool

It would be better to have the answer (or at least an abbreviated form of the answer) posted in the forums so that other Full Auto users can benefit.

Adam

answer-

IT CANT BE DONE!!!

you can only adjust speed in adjust mode. NOT show mode. you have to make individual frames to gradually adjust speed of your effect.

i would *HOPE* that can be changed in any newer versions being released! seems like a pretty simple and *VERY USEFUL* tool to incorporate into ANY laser control software. ESPECIALLY if its designed to be used "live."

Cool

Crap...

I had a feeling it was tricky to do. (I've used Full Auto a few times myself.) That would have been a useful feature to have. Alas, it seems that it can't be done.

Pangolin's Showtime Live software *does* have a speed slider on the top of the screen that you can use to adjust the speed of your animations on-the-fly. So if you get a DJ that likes to speed things up through the night, and everything you've got is already tweaked for 120 BPM, just slide the slider up or down a tad and you can lock in to whatever he's running. (For example, 132 BPM would be 110% speed.)

Eh - maybe the new version of Full Auto will support it.

Adam

i think a "tap" function would be GREAT for some sort of "live" interface of laser control!

although that DOES require that the operator have some sort of rhythm to "tap" with the beat! lol.

but seriously, even better than a slider i think. a nice little BPM tap function for effects your on.

software writers...PAY ATTENTION!

-Marc

Cool

There is a hardware add-on that you can use with Full Auto that will automatically detect the beat and advance your pattern to the next frame after a set number of beats. Dream Beamz should be able to point you in the right direction if you want to build one. (They're not all that complicated.) Once you get it conencted, you set up the beat detection parameters in Full Auto (such as: how many beats before you switch, and whether you want to cycle through the frames in order or at random), and then you sit back and let it run. Works reasonably well, actually.

Adam

Hello Marc
    Which version number of the Full Auto are you using?

i would *HOPE* that can be changed in any newer versions being released! seems like a pretty simple and *VERY USEFUL* tool to incorporate into ANY laser control software. ESPECIALLY if its designed to be used "live."
    The information that I have of OSLS, successor of NML, is that Full Auto won't be more updated, because new software will be released with other hardware model.

Carlos

hey carlos-

thanks for the reply. YES, OSLS is going to be releasing some new longly anticipated software in the near future. but the ISA full auto version im using now is still working great. was just wondering if there was a way for speed adjustment and come to find out, there isnt.

-Marc