Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy LD2000 or wait for LD2000000?

Cool

Hey Flecom...

Any chance you'll have your projector finished in time to bring it to FLEM Mark II on March 1st in Orlando? Sure would be great to have another Pangolin-powered projector there! (That would make - what, 6 projectors running Pangolin?)

Adam

i kinda doubt it... i just paid for the LD2000 system and my dicrhos/mounts/glasses from the group buy so its left my budget quite nuked as far as money left over for the other silly things like, you know, lasers and scanners lol

Speaking of which, I got your payment today. The three Axis mounts will be on their way in a week or so, Bridge says he's gotta get all his workers working again :P

I ordered some extra stuff for me so that it'll eat most of the shipping cost, other wise the 30 3-axis mounts that he is shipping would cost an extra $80 or so just to ship!

I'll wait to tell you guys what I bought, but as a hint... Adam, when do you think that dichro group buy is going to happen?!?

Are we talking about the reflect 635nm, pass 660nm dichro? I suppose I really should get moving on that. I need to check with Bridge and see if he can beat the price I got from the company in CT. (~$100 each)

I need some other parts anyway, but I'm not quite ready to spend the cash to buy the 635 nm laser yet. Maybe after the tax check gets here. I'll let you know though. (Still, if Bridge can supply those custom dicrhos for a lot less, I'll get one from him and put it on the shelf until I'm ready to use it.)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-16-2008 at 04:48.

Lightbulb

I just did the taxes and might be able to swing a lower powered 635. That mortgage intrest deduction almost makes it worth paying all the interest... almost. Maybe we can talk bridge into a group buy with a red and dichro...

Allthat, I'll PM you in a moment.

I did speak to Bridge about a Pass 635nm / Reflect 650nm dichro and he said he could do it, but at low qty it would probably be more than $100 each.

But this would be a fairly rare Dichro to get, and I wonder how enticing it would be for other people. Even edmunds doesn't carry it. The other thing is, I would like to know how high the transmit/reflect rates are beforehand.

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Allthat, I'll PM you in a moment.

I did speak to Bridge about a Pass 635nm / Reflect 650nm dichro and he said he could do it, but at low qty it would probably be more than $100 each.

But this would be a fairly rare Dichro to get, and I wonder how enticing it would be for other people. Even edmunds doesn't carry it. The other thing is, I would like to know how high the transmit/reflect rates are beforehand.

-Max
    that would be a pretty cool piece... i would definitely pick up one of those...

anyway, wanted to add, two weeks later i definitely don't regret for one second dropping the $$$ on my pangolin system... this thing rocks, period... worth every penny...