Thread: Software Options

Default Software Options

I have seen MANY posts about all the different options and tricks this software has over that software. or this software doesnt have this feature. but that software does have that feature. i wish "X" was available with my software. i know "Y" software provides it...

how about a list here of some pretty basic and to the point features we would like to see in a perfect world of our *PERFECT SOFTWARE.*

Maybe Pangolin guys, OSLS guys, Mamba guys or "Joe Programmer" (etc...etc...) will read through this list and take some or all or 1 or 2 of these suggestions into consideration.

there seems to be a good cross section here of hobbyists to pros and everything in between. i think we will have a DAMN GOOD list of features that we find come in handy for hobbyists to pros alike and no one ever thought to incluse it or use it in a software control.

ill start-

like i said in a previous thread-

a very simple "TAP" feature. to adjust the speed of an effect. GREAT for live use. and in my opinion, a no brainer for speed adjustment of a live performance of a laser display.

-Marc

ideas???

I started this same thread a week or two ago. It pretty much ran its course and died.

But, yea, I am writing laser show software and any input I get is useful and has a good chance of being implemented if it seems useful and reasonable.

oh. sorry.

if anyone has the ability to delete this thread, i guess go ahead and do it.

-Marc

Default Software features

If you have a look at some software that an old friend of mine has done most of the realtime features you want are already in there. I was speaking with Clive from Laser Electronics Ltd in the UK and have told him he should look at the forum and reply to some of your requests for features, I believe the ability to speed up or slow down beam sequences while playing a show comes as standard. His website is www.laserelectronicsltd.com and I beleive he has downloadable demos of his software.

Harvey

^ What hardware does it work with?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    ^ What hardware does it work with?
    Its own dedicated hardware.

Steve

Default Software functions already in place

I have been introduced to this forum by Ihor from Riya lasers and he suggested that I should post a reply to this thread. All our software versions allow for realtime manipulations of any scene in a show while playing a show. The functions in our software allow for any scene while being played to be rotated in XYZ, scrolled, colour cycled, bounced (left right and up and down), sized, flip horizontal or vertical, moved left, right, up, down, zoomed in or out, write in, write out, changing of beam sequence speeds and a whole host more. You can even change the scanning speed in realtime and speed up and slow down rotations and effects while playing any scene in a show and all of these functions are scene independant so the changes that you have made to one scene will not effect the next. I have put a link below to our website and if you click on the software page and go to where you see the word More below each software version there are downloadable demos of our current three software versions. If you would like any furter features just email me and I will be glad to add them. Link to our website as follows www.laserelectronicsltd.com

Clive
    CEO Laser Electronics Ltd

I would like if each cue in LivePRO actually was a "multitrack" cue, so you could have each cue containing one image, one effect, one key effect, one colour cycle, etc per track.

This would allow ultimate flexibility. Doing it with snapshots is a pain in the arse, as far as I can tell, they are all or nothing.Ie, you can't have a cue leave everything on track 1 and 2 playing as it is, but only putting a new image and key effect onto tracks 3 and 4, for instance.

Or maybe there IS a way that I don't know of yet... Bill - can you shed some light on this ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Electronics Ltd View Post
    I have been introduced to this forum by Ihor from Riya lasers and he suggested that I should post a reply to this thread. All our software versions allow for realtime manipulations of any scene in a show while playing a show. The functions in our software allow for any scene while being played to be rotated in XYZ, scrolled, colour cycled, bounced (left right and up and down), sized, flip horizontal or vertical, moved left, right, up, down, zoomed in or out, write in, write out, changing of beam sequence speeds and a whole host more. You can even change the scanning speed in realtime and speed up and slow down rotations and effects while playing any scene in a show and all of these functions are scene independant so the changes that you have made to one scene will not effect the next. I have put a link below to our website and if you click on the software page and go to where you see the word More below each software version there are downloadable demos of our current three software versions. If you would like any furter features just email me and I will be glad to add them. Link to our website as follows www.laserelectronicsltd.com

Clive
    CEO Laser Electronics Ltd

Your 635nm red is very off I recommend realignment and a good 5x collimator
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

The red in the picture is 651 and is 1310 line frequency doubled, if you look carefully you will see it is darker in colour than a 635nm line. The particular system in this picture was adjusted to increase the deam divergence to reduce the BPD (Beam Power Density) at the point of crowd contact. The particular EHO officer was happy for us to crowd scan provided, we showed that the MPE that the EHO officer requested for this event could be attained. This being achieved by increasing the divergence on the system and thereby reducing the BPD. Just for your info all three beams are matched in size and divergence, the above picture really doesnt do justice to the Orion system being used and I will change the picture next time I update our website.