Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM Mk2 - Thanks Thread

ok some of the kit, i couldnt get pics of everyones kit as it was dark for most of the day

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Guys, I was half asleep last night after a really hectic weekend...

There are a couple of other thankyou's I need to add:

Jem: You know why....

Rob (stanwax): For lending me a scanhead for the night to fire up the new toy.. So sorry we didn't get to see the SP up and running, hope you fix it soon.

Andy (AndyCon): For dedicating your day to taking so many great pics.

Kevin (Kevski): For sorting out all of our power requirements.

Bill Benner: For providing the coolest tee shirts on the planet.

There are loads of others, too many to mention.. You all know who you are..

Mark

just uploading the raffle video
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

here we go the raffle

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...3022008044.flv

guys what can i say, the video has come out 10x better than what i thought it had. ill try get some up soon.

yesterday we must have had the best laser show in the UK ever!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Well its amazing that its all over so soon - time flies when.....

Well done once more Mark and Paul for providing the cool venue and all the efforts in organising respectively.

And my special thanks are to Phil our security man, up and down stairs lugger, up and down stairs runner to turn water on, then off ....then on again...then off etc. as well as helping me to get my replacement hose by taking me to Wilkos. And on top of this Phil is a really nice and helpful bloke wihout whom I would have had a much harder job throughout the day - and thats when hes been in work for 18hr +!!!

Cheers for all who mucked in to lug my gear or run back and fro for me you are all stars and your efforts are appreciated.
    The red barron - cheers for the driver cards they will see service. As for red. well stunning. an absolute credit to you.
    Lampy - thanks for hanging on till the end to help - was good to meet you after these years.
    Kev and Ste for supporting my weird hobby!
    David - thanks for the clock dontaion as a prize I am truly thrilled to bits with it, its now proudly displaying the time high on a shelf here - out of cats reach
    Pete - thanks for giving me the biggest 'f**k me that is brilliant' moment by upstaging my gloshirt with your GLOW Jacket. Its awesome! PS sorry for calling you steve as you left - it had been a long day!

But most of all, well done everyone who attended with or without kit - every attendee contributed to this being a great event - long may UKLEM continue. Sorry Jim and greenalien and anyone else that didnt make it - there is always next time....

and of course sorry I couldnt come through and get the webcam or the whitelight working.

For those who were not there I forgot my water drain hose so after a trip to a local hardware store to buy a washing machine hose as a replacement I found that the whitelight was out of alignment after the trip but would not keep water OK state long enough to try and tweak it in. When I did finally give in and make a very fine adjustment to the water sense board I got it going for all of about 3 mins when something in the PSU went pop and tripped the breaker. No big flash and bang so likely something silly. It will live to fight another day but what a disapointment to have all this kit only for it to lie ther in the dark ...

Well done all - Its seems a long way off does August.....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi Guys,

Just like to say thanks to everyone who turned up making UKLEM2 such an awesome event.

Particular personal thanks go to:

Andy for the excellent photography / videography.
    Simon for arranging and distributing the UK group buy 658s. (& bringing the work of art)
    Mark for sorting the venue (and his sales corner – some great deals there!)
    Paul (the balls) Lasermad for organising the Raffle and T-shirt distribution.
    Bill Benner for providing the leisurewear – pity it wasn’t software ;-)

Can’t wait ‘till next time…..
    Best regards to all.
    Robin
    Lasers and beer don't mix. After 2 beers I lose coherence.

Hey Guys

If those who attended wouldn't mind saving their plastic 'Security Pass' wallets for the next meet it will save some dosh ;-)

I'll do some new cards to go into them of course

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

the quality is reduces on photobucket

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...nt=Cap0023.flv
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat