Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 600Mw RGY 30kpps & 400Mw Green 45kpps for sale

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    They could be Silver Star ( Yagang ) or AT lasers , looking at the cases. Both chineses.

Fluff
    Hello Fluff,

Just to avoid confusion we have no links with Silver Star or AT lasers, although sometimes i would imagine they use the same cases as us.

Thanks for bringing that up though.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    That will be fine Alex, Thanks.
    Laserworld 45K scan sets I have heard are pretty good so I will be happy with those.

Thanks
    We have used laserworlds scan sets before and they are excellent. It should do the job.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I modded my CNI blue to analogue and yes it jelly beans but I have also modded the TEC circuit (only mildly) and adjusted while viewing the output noise on a scope, and optimised it to minimise the noise and maximise the output. Its not ideal, its not perfect, but its not a disaster to stay away from either.
    I'm impressed, Rob. Marconi couldn't get my laser to perform nearly that well. Of course, he didn't start with a CNI laser to begin with either, so that might have something to do with it.

But Marconi followed your procedure, and even built-in a feed-forward controller to help stabalize the TEC. In the end even that wasn't enough. I suppose I really need to just get a new green. (It was an older laser to start with anyway.)

And my point wasn't that it was useless to try modding the TTL laser to analog, but rather to let Jim know that he might get better performance from a dedicated analog unit. Still, you could always drive it TTL anyway, if it jellybeaned a lot after you modded it.

Adam

One of the big problems - and this is the case with my blue and all other far east DPSS i have seen the guts of - is that the Tecs can only cool. If they were controlled properly with a bridge amp they could flip between heating and cooling an keep the temp really accurate. if you could start a mod with something this tight then you should have no trouble - but alas that is not the case - and if they had 2 way Tec control they would probably have good analogue anyway...

As for jellybeaning - you wanna see that yellow dpss of mine - now that jellybeans - and it has no modulation!!!! Its not very stable. But sexy yellow non the less

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile

One of these days I'm going to get my ass to the UK just so I can see that yellow laser of yours in person!

Good point re: dual-mode TEC control. Don't suppose that's something that could be easily retrofitted though.

Adam

You are very welcome to visit anytime - you can stay at our house.

As for retrofit of real Tec control - I (keep saying this) have a home brew DPSS (only green - ha only!!!) on the go which I hope will have just that, proper tec control. Once I have worked out the best way to do it - Robin suggested Maxim controller chips (driver on board an all!) I may well end up doing this to my blue.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    You are very welcome to visit anytime - you can stay at our house.
    Your gesture of hospitality is most appreciated!
    As for retrofit of real Tec control - I (keep saying this) have a home brew DPSS (only green - ha only!!!) on the go which I hope will have just that, proper tec control. Once I have worked out the best way to do it - Robin suggested Maxim controller chips (driver on board an all!) I may well end up doing this to my blue.
    Cool.... If you manage to do this, please post details. I'd be especially interested to see how it affects the blanking performance under a 20-30 Khz load. (That is, square wave, 50% duty cycle at 20-30Khz) I'll wager more than a few members here would be interested as well...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'll wager more than a few members here would be interested as well...

Adam
    I dont doubt it

Machining of parts for this project will be getting underway as soon as I get back off my holiday - Im away next week. Watch this space.

Rob

Default Dual mode TEC

Hi Guy's, about that TEC project, I've found an application from maxim's max1968 and max1969 that seem's not so hard to construct what do you think about it?

Regards Broco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAX1968-1969.jpg  

Yeah yeah yeah
    thats the baby - pretty simple as you say, I havent actually tried to source any since I got back off my hols .....wonder why......anyway i will get some and experiment but I have no doubt they will be suitable. My plan will be to build a complete driver solution 2x tec control and 1x diode control with analogue all on one card. DOnt expect it in weeks but watch this space.
    Rob