Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games for the FB3?

Default Games for the FB3?

Are there any cool games to play with the FB3?

I don't have the QM2000 or easylase boards Oh how I want to play Asteroids on my wall!!!!!

Someone should make it for the FB3

Umm apparently the thing (i think its just a software update) that we need for the FB3 for such applications should be released this year. I don't have time to find the thread that Bill mentioned that, but I am sure others could direct you.

What we need is an SDK (software development kit) for the FB3. Then we can start making all kinds of funny applications/games. It would be really cool if Pangolin released such an SDK. I would immediately send it to my brother who is a game programmer and force him to make games for it.

The thing about using a laser projector is that you're not really limited to playing it on your own wall... You can play your games on your neighbours' wall, even if they live 100m away, and it will still be crystal clear.

Yeah you are correct - SDK, I couldn't remember what it was called.

So there is an SDK on the way for the FB3? That is wonderful news to me if that's the case.

I hope so, I want some games

Cool

Hey guys...

Bill Benner has mentioned that a software development kit is in the works for the FB3, but it's not ready yet. I think they were hoping to have it ready in a year or so, but I don't know if that date is still solid or not. I'll try to remember to ask Bill about it at FLEM.

Adam

I might have to buy one of those suckers once they release it. That would solve a lot of problems.

You know what would be great? If the FB3 SDK included the standard dialog boxes for projector configuration, like color balance, geometry, etc... That way all of the tweaking time spent on getting your Pangolin software configuration set up would be instantly inherited by any game or program written using the SDK. That would be ideal.
    Last edited by mikkojay; 03-08-2008 at 08:00.

If the FB3 already had an SDK, or even just a simple API (like for easylase) I would probably be working with it. Cheers.