Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FLEM !!!!

Cool

Andy;

I didn't shoot any video apart from the stuff that was broadcast live. Some of those clips are on my ustream.tv page, the rest of them were only streamed live.

I don't know if Aaron recorded any video with his camera or not. If he did, we can send it to spec and get it compressed to fit on a DVD.

Truthfully, we were so busy playing with stuff I just forgot to set up the second video camera to record it. As I was packing things up, there was the camcorder sitting in it's case. D'oh!

Did you tune in for the webcast?

Adam

sadly not i missed it.

shame on you guys, to busy playing with lasers to do some video
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Have you watched the videos on my Ustream.tv page? That will give you some idea as to the fun we had. (The ones that do not have a star on them are from FLEM) Sorry about the lousy audio quality...

Adam

maybe next time you should all chip in and pay for my ticket to usa and ill do lots of good film for you
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Next time will probably be SELEM 2008 in NC on the 16th and 17th of August. We'll have a mixing board for audio and hopefully better broadband so we'll have great video & sound.

As for a collection for your plane ticket - eh, I dunno. We'll probably have to take up a collection (or charge admission) as it is just to cover the rent of the auditorium... But I'll keep you in mind anyway!

Check out the video clips on ustream though. It's got some really good shots of the beams we had at FLEM. (Sadly no video of Clandestiny's dual-argon rig though. Lost that footage when the broadcast widget crashed.)

Adam

yeah just had a look.

the laser look amazing but the video quality lets them down
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

next time maybe i can borrow some HDV cams from work

i just want to thank everyone again that helped put this together, it was a lot of fun and i cant keep commenting on how excellent that lasagna was!

hopefully next get together i will have my own laser projector

dont worry about hi def cams. just a normal video camera will do.

mines just a sony handycam nothing special
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

after burning the DLP chip in my projector I would be terrified of using a High Def camera anywhere near my laser

Luckily - I found out the company I work for has recently become dealers for BenQ, so hopefully the replacement isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    after burning the DLP chip in my projector I would be terrified of using a High Def camera anywhere near my laser

Luckily - I found out the company I work for has recently become dealers for BenQ, so hopefully the replacement isn't too bad.
    hrmm, well, we know it damages DLP chips then... i havent had any issues with my canon 1D (CCD sensor) and i havent seen anyone have problems with LCDs (projectors or monitors) but who knows... i definately wouldent aim it at those multi-watt argons... but most of the RGB projectors hover at a watt at most which as long as it isnt a white beam aimed down the lens of the camera i think it should be allright

i just took all my pictures out of my camera... anyone want the 1.2gb zip file?

im gonna upload them to my webserver overnight