Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess I need to tune

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Hi All, heres a vid of my scanners. They have not been tuned at all. I like beams more, but there is some funny things happening when I display certain images...watch what happens when I dispplay the test patterns...

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...28975&hl=en-GB

It displays the pattern (very badly) then is goes all scewif

Graham

EDIT::Waiting for google to aprrove the video
    No,the scanner no any problem.
    That distortion of reason is the self healing fuse(Y driver) action!!!

And the self healing fuse action reason is the via the coil of current too high.
    And the coil current too high reason is the speed and angle too high.

So you just set the speed lower and the angle not too width,then everything done.

Also even same angle and speed,but some bad software would be create more heat,the self healing fuse same action!!!

When the self healing fuse same action,you need close the scanner(off the powersupply)20-30 secs.after you can runing the scanner again,at the same time set the speed lower and the angle samller.

Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

buffo, I did realise if I deacreased the pattern size, it became quiet again. I dont have a DAC yet, but the next $60 I find will be heading over to drlava for the kit + sound card

I am still wondering why the Y galvo doesnt do it, but I guess it was only the X galvo playing up on me the whole time :/

Yeah, it's not uncommon for one scanner to hit it's physical limits before the other one does. If you spend serious money on scanners (read: Cambridge) then they should be closely matched, but that's not the case with all of the Chinese scanners I've tested. As you push them harder and harder, eventually one of them won't go any faster. At that point all you're doing is creating more heat.

And what Jian is saying is 100% correct. That poly switch that the DT-40 scanners are equipped with is there to protect the scanners. It will cut out if you try to pull too much current. Normally they will reset immediately if you simply shut the power off for a second and then power them back up. But it's a sign that you need to back off on the scan angle.

Re: your plans for a DAC. Yeah, Dr Lava's kit is getting pretty popular. I think James Lehman (of LaserBoy fame) is going to demo one at SELEM this weekend. Since you can't make it to the event in person, you might want to tune in on ustream.tv to watch it on your computer. Go to the PhotonLexicon Event page and you can chat with some of the participants as well. (Though I'm not making any promises that the chat window will be monitored all the time!) Probably best to mute the audio in all windows except for one.

Adam

Yeah I noticed the event page, I may tune in too see what you are all up to! I dont have a webcame handy, so I wont be able to talk, but i'd like to see what u guys do!

I just have to figure out my timezones, but by going how enthusaistic everyone is about it, I doubt you will be sleeping much !

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Yeah I noticed the event page, I may tune in too see what you are all up to! I dont have a webcame handy, so I wont be able to talk, but i'd like to see what u guys do!
    The Event page is one-way only (down) for audio and video. You can *chat* via the chat window, but everything else is streaming down from the Ustream.TV site. So no worries about not having a webcam!
    I just have to figure out my timezones, but by going how enthusaistic everyone is about it, I doubt you will be sleeping much !
    We'll be on Eastern Daylight time. If I remember correctly, the east coast of Australia is 15 hrs *ahead* of us, and New Zealand is 17 hours ahead. But remember that we're on daylight savings time now, so we're actually 1 hour AHEAD of where we should be. That will reduce the difference by an hour.

The event starts at 10 AM local time on Saturday, and runs 'till at least 10 at night. On Sunday we start up again at 10, but only run until about 6 or so.

Adam

Ahh OK, i'll take a look tommorow and see if anythings happening. Sorry for hijacking your thread tho Laserlips

Fixed the galvo. i just turned down the input gain on it and twisted it untill it was quiet again. It works perfectly now.