Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend builds

Default weekend builds

quick video, of getting the projector back together with the 4w blue and 3.3w red, couldn't get a video with the iphone washed out everything. Also a year or more later I finally got the beam rail back running. The first build was and awful cobble, so i tore it down. This is done pretty nicely now and I am happy as it sits. I will be using LSX to control this during all my ADAT shows, LSX slaves to ADAT great and drlava upgraded the software for my application adding a USB TTL out control. It will also end up running lumia, another 5 position beam rail with 16 cubes and controlling the poly20 and another scan thru wheel I use.

Still looks of project work to go, but happy with the progress from friday and saturday. Time to give the wifey some time now.

leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

very nice work!

i've been so busy programming show that i've totally been neglecting the joys and frustrations of building hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    quick video, of getting the projector back together with the 4w blue and 3.3w red, couldn't get a video with the iphone washed out everything. Also a year or more later I finally got the beam rail back running. The first build was and awful cobble, so i tore it down. This is done pretty nicely now and I am happy as it sits. I will be using LSX to control this during all my ADAT shows, LSX slaves to ADAT great and drlava upgraded the software for my application adding a USB TTL out control. It will also end up running lumia, another 5 position beam rail with 16 cubes and controlling the poly20 and another scan thru wheel I use.

Still looks of project work to go, but happy with the progress from friday and saturday. Time to give the wifey some time now.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks for the video. I have never actually seen a beam rail operate. That is a neat demonstration and the layout is compact. I assume the big advantage of the rail over a singular scanner firing to say a dozen pre-set angles is the apparent movement of the origin of the beam back and forth along the rail.

That is the nuts I fucking love that
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

That is nice. In time, I might try to build one.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Added a beam pick gm20 to the table to direct the beam up that will feed the second tier which will have poly20, machado, and beam picks for 3 lumia effect wheels. Red correction arrived need to install that's what is sitting on the green head.

The big question is if I should send full power up top or use a 50/50 or 70/30 dichro instead of a mirror so I could still run beams below while the top was hot. Hmmmm your guys thoughts.

Here are some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	38166 Click image for larger version. 

Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	38167 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	32 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	38168 Click image for larger version. 

Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	38169

Default What more can DK say ????

What more can DK say ???? Hhhhhhaaaa Hhhhhhaaaaa.... Beam out !!!

Name:	DK 4 PB 1.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	38170
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Added second tier aligned for poly20 and 2 gm 20 picks so far. Have a lot of magic to work it all out on top, but have a plan I THINK
    \
    Anyhow if you wish check out the latest video and pics

And some pics, anyone wanna try to lay it all out?

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	38234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	38235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	38236

Lightbulb

Hey Mr J -

Nice werk..

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    ...use a 50/50 or 70/30 dichro instead of a mirror so I could still run beams below while the top was hot...
    Got-room for an additional GM20 / DMX-channels to actuate? Have one for 100% and another for 50/50 or 70/30, according to taste.. then you've got either/ or, on-command..
    ..Plus, an additional GM-20 / flag / splitter, is *definitely* gonna be cheaper than a second-pj..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...