Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: selem 08

Yeah the med bills are eating up the friggin' laser budget !#$%^&*<>^&*!!! At least a nice bluey's here now.. The projector wont be built in time tho.. ahh well , maybe selem '09... I'm still working on those G-124s (Steve..) right after installing the top half lasers (Bottom PSUs are done .. thank G.) -Whew-

Steve, do you need amps for the G-124's? How many G-124's do you have?

Lightbulb

I was going to point him in your direction...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hey Y'all--
    (2) G124's-- I'm just going to power them with bi-polar (heh) audio amp chips unless you-all have got something really small--space is at a premium now...

Lightbulb

Eww... Those g124 amps look fairly large, but from the video of DZ's in action I would say they are the best for those scanners. I would make room for them.

I have a pair of single channel g-124 amps on a nice mount. I haven't tested them yet. They will probably do between 8-12K maybe. Great for beams. $50 plus say $5 to ship.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails amps.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Eww... Those g124 amps look fairly large, but from the video of DZ's in action I would say they are the best for those scanners. I would make room for them.
    I'm keeping the big amps because they are dual channel each with integrated power supply. Besides, I have plenty of room...

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

DZ, I assume you scored a vintage beamtable somewhere?
    go big or go home

I did. It was more of a graphics/effects projector. I've completely stipped it down and want to rebuild it into a beam projector with 2 scan heads. I figured it would be a fun challenge. I was going to see about putting an FB3 in it, but found out the FB3 wont control actuators, so now I'm thinking of a combination of FB3 and a seperate DMX card to run the actuators or something else, maybe just build my own controller for it. I also need to figure out a laser for the thing, the thing once had an ionics on it, so it can hold a big gas tube, but I don't know if I want the hassle of an ion. The GB for the 1W unit from Frank is looking very tempting...

Default Hmmm ??

DZ,

I have a nice 350mw Omnichrome Argon with PS....works !!!...If you wanna go back with gas !!!....Errrr....and ....good price !! PM me...

BoB
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !