Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/2 watt 670nm red diode

My plan is to combine the 1/2 watt diode with one of my 130mw ones and see if I can get >600mw out of the combo. I could try the knife-edge trick with the other 130mw and see if I could get 700mw total.

My color balance is limited by the 200mw, 473nm I'm using. I just can't pull off a 1/2w blue just yet (or one of Bridges' 800mw). ;-)

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    if you matched the beam diameters you could mix 635 and 670 for a nice colour red then again you could just mix 2 650s for the same effect.. and same power
    Different wavelengths easier to mix then same wavelengths. Plus mixing 2 wavelengths will not make 1+1=2 it'll make about 1.7.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Different wavelengths easier to mix then same wavelengths. Plus mixing 2 wavelengths will not make 1+1=2 it'll make about 1.7.
    You'd be lucky to get "2" out of the same wavelength, but I get your point. If you can mix two wavelengths with a PBS, why are we all worried about trying to get a dichro that transmits 635 and reflects 660? Why hasn't anyone gotten a PBS and mixed the two? Gues I could shit or get off the pot myself...

Cool

Aaron;

There's nothing preventing you from using a PBS cube to combine a pair of reds that are at different wavelengths. The problem is that you can only use the PBS cube once, so it makes more sense to use it to combine a pair of lasers of the same wavelength.

The whole idea behind the custom dichro (with the very narrow band filter) that would allow you to mix 635 nm with 660 nm is that it allows you to first combine a PAIR of 660 nm diodes using a PBS cube and *then* mix in some 635 nm red to get as much red as possible.

But yeah, if you've only got a single 660nm red diode and you want to mix it with a 635nm didoe, go ahead and use the PBS cube. It will work just fine.

Adam

Hello ppl. im on very tight funds right now and really looking for these kinda offers. especially to get 1-2Watts of power. or atleast 500mW. i Allready have an 800mW 650nm. and to combine these would be great i think.

Although i have no clue on how to make this diode to operate/work.
    What do i need and how would i set it up?

Even if i cant get this diode i see many times diodes like this or similar on ebay but just have to turn them down becouse of lack of knolege on how to set it up.

Does anybody have a schematics or similar expecially for this diode on how to set it up.?

Thank you.

/Rickard

Get yourself a huge cup of coffee and start reading Sam's Laser FAQ's.
    Link.......http://members.misty.com/don/lasercds.htm#cdscds0
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich