Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy has kicked the OS habbit!

they are combined by the program, but you can isolate them using freeware audacity: just open the output wav and delete the channels you don't want, save as...

Talking

WOW!

OTHER people answering LaserBoy questions!

That is SOOOO COOL!!!

Thanks!

James.

Quite honestly, there are a lot of possibilities that I never thought of before I got all this going in Windows. Now that it works in a windowing environment, I can run other applications at the same time. Before, when it was Linux only, it ran at the command prompt from a terminal and pretty much took over everything you could see.

Also, from Linux it is pretty easy to get to the raw data streams, so putting out wave into a device with 6 or 8 channels is not really any different than common stereo or mono.

Since I had to use a pro audio editing environment to capture waves coming from my ADAT, I realized that the waves might not all be multiplexed together into one wave file. They might be sets of stereo or mono waves.

So, I am going to come up with some more options for importing and exporting waves; as single 6 channel or sets of stereo or whatever works well with other multichannel capable wave editors. I also want to be able to save waves as inverted or invert waves that are already made, spilt multichannel waves, join waves together into multichannel waves, etc...

Right now I am cleaning up this ADAT wave import stuff. I've got it all messed up!

James.

Any chance to make Laserboy ACAD R10 compatible. Here is R10 DXF inside RAR attached. This would be a great bonus. Because one of my beloved 3D Cartoonizer Illustrate! outputs in R10. Laserboy opens most of the files but they are single color only.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 05-14-2008 at 21:16.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I can see the color values in the file you sent me in a text editor. I'm not sure why they don't come up in LaserBoy. I'll figure it out! It's 3AM. I'm going to bed now. Good Night!

<yawn>
    Good Afternoon (who are we kidding?)

I get it.

In the version of DXF that you sent me, the color is defined in the POLYLINE ENTITY; not each VERTEX.

A POLYLINE is section header for a set of VERTEX entities.

BTW Have you looked at this file with blanking visible? For some reason it is really busted up weird. You would think that it would just be a set of a few long polylines, but it is a whole mess of polylines with just a few vertices each; and those zig-zag all over space.

Got it!

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserBoy/hnd.ild

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-15-2008 at 11:10.

Talking Here you go!

Here's the fixed DXF POLYLINE.

http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy/code...03_2008_v2.zip

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    BTW Have you looked at this file with blanking visible? For some reason it is really busted up weird. You would think that it would just be a set of a few long polylines, but it is a whole mess of polylines with just a few vertices each; and those zig-zag all over space.
    I know it looks like someone tried to do very bad laser raster image. But any optimization software (one built in Anarchy or LDS PicEdit)fixes it in no time.

I just test new version and it WORKS GREAT. Thanx.!!
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 05-15-2008 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    But any optimization software (one built in Anarchy or LDS PicEdit)fixes it in no time.
    LaserBoy can do optimization too it looks like, just do h, c, h, a, then k to see the result.
    How does its algorithm compare to these you mentioned?

Few bugs I found.

1. Laserboy crashes when empty (without visible lines) DXF is imported.
    2. When DXF sequence imported animation is not smooth. It looks like screen jumps up and down. I attached 3 files.
    1 ILDA of Anarchy import
    2 ILDA of LaserBoy Import
    3 Archive of DXF frames (about 45).

Optimization in Laserboy is great. Can't complain.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The reason it jumps all over the place when you import DXF into LaserBoy is because LaserBoy is automatically scaling each frame to be as large as possible.

If you turn off DXF auto scaling, you can import it. It looks very small, but you can zoom into it and see all the details.

type

u // for UI visuals and toggle settings
    f // to turn off DXF autoscaling
    u // for UI visuals and toggle settings
    g // to turn on maintain DXF origin

Once you zoom way into the view, you can apply the zoom.

To zoom, press and hold

f

Apply the zoom...

v // to see the view parameters and set them into the frame data.

That's kind-of a pain in the butt!

I'm going to have to fix this up a bit.

James.