Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazyz Module blanking with the QM-2000

Default Mazyz Module blanking with the QM-2000

Hi Everyone,
    Okay, I'm almost there, I hope.... Blanking on the green works just fine but red just won't blank. the TTL ground is shared with the laser power ground and the TTL input is connected pin #5 and the ground is connected to pin #18. I checked the function with a power supply and the laser does blank at just below 2.5 volts. Is their a function I need to turn on in the LD-2000 software to tell it to blank red?
    Thanks!
    Adam

UPDATE: I started the color palette setup wizard and when it displays the red circle it seems to blank the circle itself and not blank the stuff it's supposed to be blanking as what is projected is only a portion of the top of the circle where the points start and stop. I swapped the TTL wires around and the blanking doesn't work at all. It seems that blanking would work if the signal was inverted. Is their a way to do that in the software?
    Thanks!
    Adam

Did you try to connect Pin 25 to Pin 18 for a solid state driver.. I am refering to page 43 of the QM2000 manual ??

I have a Maxxy no problems on this..

Ray
    NZ

Hi Ray,
    Yeah, I have tried all combinations of ground and pin 18 as well as connecting them. Still no go. It blanks just fine with an external 2.5V+.... What's really weird is that it does blank when the beam should be on.

Yeah, The TTL Maxy's are inverted blanking. I'm not sure if you can fix this in software but, there's a schematic on the forum to fix this problem. I'm at work
    so, I can't look it up now. Try searching for inverted blanking circuit.

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Ah, now it all makes sense! http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...anking+circuit

Only problem I have now is understanding how to build this circuit. Anyone have a schematic for this circuit or something similar that will work? I have all the parts here just not the electronics background good enough to design the circuit myself.

Don't laugh too hard....

Will this work?

I'd imagine it's a little more than that, right?

This gets interesting.. I have a dual Maxxy and QM2000 and did not have to build anything at all !!! and it works just fine.
    Its some months since I did that so I'll have a look and see what I did, I dont recall any problems ??? weird

Because the output of the QM2K is a "balanced out" with some "smarts" it may be possible to reverse the output. Like Ground pin5 and use pin 18. HOWEVER I suggest a quick email to Hayden at Pangolin (before doing this) he will almost certainly have an answer for you direct from the horses mouth.

Get back to you after I have looked at mine.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Aha...!!!

I think I know why I don't have an issue with driving from Pin 5 (which it is by the way I just checked).
    Marconi changed to positive blanking after 1 Nov in the year of the post.
    I guess yours must be one of the "pre November 1" jobs..

By the way your circuit should work its only got to invert ..
    Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    This gets interesting.. I have a dual Maxxy and QM2000 and did not have to build anything at all !!! and it works just fine.
    Its some months since I did that so I'll have a look and see what I did, I dont recall any problems ??? weird

Because the output of the QM2K is a "balanced out" with some "smarts" it may be possible to reverse the output. Like Ground pin5 and use pin 18. HOWEVER I suggest a quick email to Hayden at Pangolin (before doing this) he will almost certainly have an answer for you direct from the horses mouth.

Get back to you after I have looked at mine.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ
    Hey Ray,
    I think the problem is that the older Maxyz modules had inverted input for modulation. At least that's what my take is from the link I posted above. I purchased my Maxyz module as a discounted item since they were an "older" version. I did try to swap pin 5 and 18 with no luck, even the reversed blanking went away. I also talked to Hayden today and he couldn't come up with a solve. Ultimately, I'm hoping their is a software parameter I can change to correct the problem as it obviously works fine in reverse. Unfortunately I may not know until I can get a hold of Bill who is in China right now.