Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: EzAudDac Alpha release: Cheap DACing!

the 8 channel one seems to work great.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Hi,

I discovered this forum when searching for a way of sending data to a USB soundcard, EzAudDac.dll is exact what i was looking for, thanks.

I only have one problem with it (ver 1.0.8.2), the DLL doesn't seems to respond to the setting RepeatFrameWhenOut=no in the ini file. If set to no it still repeats the last send frame.

I send 4096 frames to its buffer and set the PPS to 1024, it should play 4 seconds and then set the output to zero but the frame is keeping repeated and not at the correct PPS (32 times faster)

Is there something i doing wrong, probably the answer will be yes but what??

Bart

Hi Bart, glad to see you can use this output tool in your project. Do you care to describe your project a little? We'd be happy to hear about it.
    For repeats, see if RepeatFrameWhenOut=no in the ini file setting, and use EzAudDacWriteFrameNR (No repeat) for output.
    For the PPS setting, did you see the EzAudDac API document?
    Last edited by drlava; 03-06-2010 at 22:03.

OK thanks, i misunderstood the EzAudDacWriteFrameNR, i thought is was just for repeating frames, but that one sends indeed only one frame to the output if set to '1' and doesn't repeat it if RepeatFrameWhenOut is set to 'no'.

The project i'am working on is a multiple channel signal generator for testing and designing circuits. I use the Maya EX7 USB sound device, this is not the newest one but has good separate DAC's, 1x AK4353VF for the 2 main channels Left/Right and 3x CS4340-KS for the other 6 channels

that's an interesting use, really

I was thinking about a homemade PC signal generator, and I had a nice clue thanks to you!

Yeah, using a sound card as a waveform generator is definitely the idea. Who said it had to be for lasers? One thing to note - in continuous polled output mode the "frames" you send should have a duration longer than 7.0 ms otherwise they'll get filled in up to 7ms to ensure proper buffering.

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    that's an interesting use, really

I was thinking about a homemade PC signal generator, and I had a nice clue thanks to you!
    I 'am happy to give you the idea
    Funny but after reading this forum i ordered some cheap china galvo's to play with.

beware, have you ever seen chaplin's movie "the modern era" (don't know if it is properly translated from french lol)?

you have done the same mistake, but with lasers... soon you will fond yourself fed into a big engrenage, named laser hobby

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    beware,.......... soon you will fond yourself fed into a big engrenage, named laser hobby
    damn ...... I think you're right........ i also ordered a SF-AW210 pickup for it's diodes, because my 3mW laser pointer has not enough power.......

delete..............................
    Last edited by Dnstje; 08-18-2010 at 02:59. Reason: nobody is not to reply though