Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: EzAudDac Alpha release: Cheap DACing!

the laserboy to sound card amp is all labled as james said and of course you will have some questions. i just got mine and its fresh in my head on connections so if you have any questions let me know i can also snap some picture to help you out.

next project is to mount it in a box and seal her up

but its pretty self explained.

these two links will help emensly on the actual wiring and what goes where for ilda

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2858
    and then for laserboy you just need to use these....
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2&postcount=68

-Josh

Thanks fot the help people, I am sure there will be a few questions to ask

EDIT - No I haven't James, been too busy with the ALC68 PSU re-build.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Well..... I think there might be a few other people here on the PL who might be able to help with that too!

LaserBoy is starting to catch on with a couple of people who have no other way to make their own images (like me).

James.

Just ask if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer!

i need a step by step guide how to get laser tennis or laseroids to work.

i have tried everything i can think of.

someone must know how to do this and can share
    -Josh

Well. I got my USB sound card, but I cant figure out how to get it to use the .ini file. Anyone mind explaining in clearer terms?

Hi, you install the normal sound card drivers in windows, making it a normal sound card as far as the operating system is concerned. The DAC driver posted here is for using the sound card DAC with laser show programs other than LaserBoy (which makes wavs).

Here are some detailed instructions for laseroids:
    To use the sound card DAC with laseroids, copy the contents of the driver zip file into the laseroids folder. Rename easylase.dll to easylase_orig.dll, then rename EzAudDac.dll to easylase.dll. Check your windows sound control panel to make sure that the primary playback device is not the audio DAC card. Run laseroids, then exit. Look at the EzAudDac.txt file, it will have a numerical list of your sound cards. Find your DAC card and note the number. In the INI file, change the UseCardNumber to the number of the proper DAC sound card. Also, in your DAC sound card control applet, you want to make sure the wav and master volume are all the way up, and it is in 6 or 8 channel mode.

Re start laseroids. Depending on your sound card you may have to tweak the EzAudDac ini file for channel invert settings and channel selection settings. If you are really lost, you can use the sliders and a multimeter to find out which channel is x,y,r,g,b, and i.

i had a problem with this.

once i made my normal internal sound card the default i couldnt get my sound card dac to work.

you say
    "Find your DAC card and note the number."

how do i do this?

sorry if this sounds stupid but i needed a little help.

thanks
    -Josh

Look at the EzAudDac.txt file, it will have a numerical list of your sound cards. Find your DAC card and note the number.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    "Find your DAC card and note the number."
    how do i do this?
    You look at the EzAudDac.txt file that was produced as you followed the directions.