Thread: hello all

Talking hello all

hello i have joined youre forum in search of answers,
    some years ago i got hold of a argon laser by lasertech on firing up this thing after many hours of nervous reading my eyes wer blessd whith the most stuning sights they hav ever seen.
    i have seen many lasers over the years all have not come close to the beuty of this old beast i have.
    sadly last year i had a fire in whitch i nearly lost my life started by a bad socket in the wall.I was able to save the argon laser and power unit and the controller whith the key in it but lost the joy stik and small din cables and paperwork.Just recently i have got hold of some fearly high powerd dpss lasers they look great and they have re-ignited my passion fore things photonic and i woud like to find out if ther is anyone out ther who can help get my big old beast up and running again as it nocks spots of the dpss critters my knowledge of lasers is very basic so i will be learning as i go so please be as patient as you all can all i know about the power of the beast is it was seen 47 miles away in plymouth sound!

Hi Ex-s

Welcome to PL , Im guessing that You are in the UK when you mention Plymouth .... although there is a plymouth in the US

the are a few guys UK guys on here that are pretty "Tubed up" when it comes to these wonderfull gas beasts ..... but im sure that someone somewhere in the photon world will be able to help

It may be worth you coming up to the UK meet in august as Guys like Rob (stanwax) and simon ( Pitbull ) will be there and have "gas experience ".... and may be able to help

Plus if you can get it working before the meet we would all like to see it running in the flesh ...

all the best ... Karl

Welcome

Sounds like thats a powerful wee beastie though you may want to be careful fiing it into the sky - that sort of thing will attract lots of attention - some of which will be of the wrong variety. As for argon V dpss no contest. The gas lasers are sooooooo much nicer. Often lots of faffing to make tham go but when you see the beam it knocks your sox off! I love ion lasers but hene is best. So pretty so cute (I think im a laser pervert )

Anyway how bout some piccies of your argon baby - we should be able to id it for you and give you some idea of what it should be outputting. I guess you are in the UK too. Another welcome at the meet in leicester in Aug.

See ya

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi EX-S

And welcome to the forum, we're always pleased to welcome a new member, especially a UK one

No real gas experience myself, but there's a wealth of knowledge on here and I echo the words of Rob and Karl... You really ought to try and make it to the meet!!!

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default meet

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Hi Ex-s

Welcome to PL , Im guessing that You are in the UK when you mention Plymouth .... although there is a plymouth in the US

the are a few guys UK guys on here that are pretty "Tubed up" when it comes to these wonderfull gas beasts ..... but im sure that someone somewhere in the photon world will be able to help

It may be worth you coming up to the UK meet in august as Guys like Rob (stanwax) and simon ( Pitbull ) will be there and have "gas experience ".... and may be able to help

Plus if you can get it working before the meet we would all like to see it running in the flesh ...

all the best ... Karl
    Thanx for quick reply karl i am busting to get it up and running again as soon as i get to grips whith this computer stuff i will get some pix up fore you all so you got a better idea as to what species this beast is. as a ruff description the laser measures aprox 3 foot long by1 foot wide by 10 inches deep and has a large thick 10 core lead whith heavy duty clamps on ends whitch connects to the supply box whitch is pretty big to and ther is a small x-y-z controller whith amplitude and frequency and key lock the joy stick is missing along whith its leads. i am very interested in the meet when and wher as this will be very educational fore me i can bring this along so peeps can hav a look and may well get it working in time if i can learn the relavent stuff

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Welcome

Sounds like thats a powerful wee beastie though you may want to be careful fiing it into the sky - that sort of thing will attract lots of attention - some of which will be of the wrong variety. As for argon V dpss no contest. The gas lasers are sooooooo much nicer. Often lots of faffing to make tham go but when you see the beam it knocks your sox off! I love ion lasers but hene is best. So pretty so cute (I think im a laser pervert )

Anyway how bout some piccies of your argon baby - we should be able to id it for you and give you some idea of what it should be outputting. I guess you are in the UK too. Another welcome at the meet in leicester in Aug.

See ya

Rob
    having seen some of the reacent sillyness over the miss use of lasers and a certain individuals who spoil the fun fore the rest of us i will take youre advice as at the time i tested it i had no idea that it was gonna go that far and that they can injure.I hav since gon out and educated myself a little as soon as i get some pix sorted they will be on here
    se ya soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi EX-S

And welcome to the forum, we're always pleased to welcome a new member, especially a UK one

No real gas experience myself, but there's a wealth of knowledge on here and I echo the words of Rob and Karl... You really ought to try and make it to the meet!!!

Cheers

Jem
    thanx for the reply gem it looks like i have found the right place at last you all sound like cool smart peeps and i think its gonna be a lot a fun getting this laser up and alive again speak soon