Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: windows shuts down software. Why?

Default windows shuts down software. Why?

I just purchased the Basic Pangolin software. I also purchased the QM2000.NET box. I have installed my software my laptop. The operating system is Windows Vista 32-bit. It is running through a Wireless G-router. My laptop runs for a little bit, and then windows says "Pangolin LD2000 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then I am back on my desktop and my laser is still on the last thing I was doing. Even though LD2000 has shut down, the laser stays on!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by winemaker; 06-09-2008 at 12:35. Reason: added more info.

Sounds like a bug in the Pangolin software. You should contact them.

Tom

There has been much discussion about Vista here and the concensus is it should work but is more likely to cause trouble with Pango than XP. As Gary suggested contact Pangolin direct - they will help you and they will sort it I have no doubt. They are very ameanable.

As for displaying the last thing the QM Will still have its memory full of stuff and will carry on as it does not need windows to work - it just uses windows as an editing tool and a means of transfering content to the card. All the frames are held on the card and the processing of the show et al is carried out onboard the QM.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Gary,
    That is the first thing I did. The programmer is on a trip in China, so getting a hold of him will be difficult. I am working on it though. Just thought I would get on here on ask this group.

Rob,
    Only the last image that was being projected stays on. The show itself does not continue. But as long as the computer doesn't crash this will not be a problem. I just through that info in to help explain my issue.

Thanks for your quick replies.
    Last edited by winemaker; 06-09-2008 at 13:20. Reason: added more.

Have you already tried to run the software as administrator?

HI,

This problem seems consistent with a firewall being in place.

Have you tried it with the firewall turned off ??

Also I assume you have installed the special network version files that come with Pangolin on the CD for the .net

I have seen this "shutdown" due the above reasons.

Suggest also for testing that you hardwire the net first and get things sorted that way.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Ray,

The firewall is already turned off. Yes I have installed the network version of Pangolin. The laptop is hardwired. Can you think of anything else?

When I try it wirelessly, the same thing happens. But also, occassionally, the network drops and the program has to disconnect. But that is another issue all-together.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,
    When you say you have the Network version on your laptop I presume you mean the actual files for QM2000.net CD not the network files that come with the main Pangolin program CD. ie (LD2000.QMS and LD2000.DLL that come from the CD with the .net card NOT the CD that comes with the QM2000 card)
    Having the wrong version of this drove me up the wall for a while until I got the right ones. Symptoms were the same as you describe but I have XP.
    Sorry I am not familiar with VISTA in regard to Pangolin.

My versions (for XP) are LD2000.DLL = V4.50.1.0
    And LD2000.QMS dated 31/3/08

They work fine on XP ( VISTA ... I don't know)

Be especially careful that you have dropped them into the Windows\system32 folder properly ( I got caught with this had the wrong version to start with)

However the "programmer" in China you refer to is probably Bill Benner the system designer. He is highly supportive of his products have you sent him an email ?? he carries his laptop everywhere (unless he cant get out by email where he is in China of course),PM me if you need his email address.

However be warned the first thing he will want to know is where did you buy it and why cant they answer your questions ??
    I presume you have gone back to your dealer from where you purchased ?

Regards

Ray
    NZ

Tom,

Just one last thought..

Are you aware that Pangolin have now posted the latest software update V4.5 and also the VISTA drivers..

Just go to the Pangolin website and look at the whats new page !!

If you havn't downloaded this it may pay to update to 4.5 and use the VISTA drivers

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

I run the LD-2000 4.50 software on both 32 and 64bit Vista. Everything works fine for me with acception to a hardware confliction with the QM-2000 PCI card that was fixed by updating the computer's BIOS drivers. Are you sure your computer is up to the task of running Vista??? Just a thought.. I've seen many computers running Vista that should still be running XP.
    Adam