Thread: Kaleidescope Projector

Default Kaleidescope Projector

Anyone ever made one of these? The commercially available ones seem to be kind of pricey. I was thinking that an LED flashlight might make a nice cool light source, then maybe a tunnel of cut mirrors, a few translucent "objects" and a lens...

-Mike

wow.. that looks really cool.. i just a Kaleidscope laser pointer.. it's a lot of fun.
    - instinct

I still say it looks like a bong.

James.

it sure does look like a bong...

but either way its a good idea... not to much light is really needed to make it put out a very cool look.
    just the other week at the oregon country fair a booth that sells kaleidoscopes put up a scope that either slowly spun or was set to slowly change from some battery source and then simply put a light up robot behind it....

glad i snapped a photo
    -Josh

That's cool! When I was a little kid I played with trolls all the time. I found out that if I lit the troll really well and set him upside down, I could focus a simple lens image of him on an opposite wall. Troll TV! How cool is that?

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 07-27-2008 at 22:00.

Thats like when I pulled one of the focusing lenses out of one of my intelligent lights, I could "project" my laptop screen! Shouldnt be too hard really, focusing it may be a problem though.