Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti update

Its done real time. Basically, one track has priority over the other, then you assign that track as either a blank inside or a visible inside. If that RDC thing would have worked, you could take a look for yourself.

Anyone who comes to SELEM is sure to see a lot of this...

Question

Wouldn't it be done in a similar way you would code it in a video game. A video game draws a "part" of a 3D enviorment, and stacks objects accoding to their Z position relative to the "camera" or viewpoint. If object A, has a higher Z value than object B, actually the parts or polygons of the object model, that part of object A is not drawn.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

LDS pro can do the same effect with layered animations, the top ones covering the lower ones. The demo that comes with it displays this.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Wouldn't it be done in a similar way you would code it in a video game. A video game draws a "part" of a 3D enviorment, and stacks objects accoding to their Z position relative to the "camera" or viewpoint. If object A, has a higher Z value than object B, actually the parts or polygons of the object model, that part of object A is not drawn.
    It isn't that easy. With normal screen graphics the bottom stuff gets covered up when you draw stuff on top. Laser graphics are transparent by nature. Only the outlines are drawn so nothing underneath gets covered up.

Default Audioless Shows

A few people asked to be able to create shows without specifying an audio file. A modified Spaghetti so that you can now either specify and audio file as a synchronizer or you can let it use the system clock for synchronization.

Currently, if you select "System Clock" the timeline will be hard set at 10 minutes long. I'll make that more flexible in the future but, in the meantime, if anyone needs a timeline longer than 10 minutes let me know and I can make it longer.

I am not sure what to work on next. I'm passing on the masking feature for now - too complicated. Any suggestions? Or should I go back to working in the yard?

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    A few people asked to be able to create shows without specifying an audio file. A modified Spaghetti so that you can now either specify and audio file as a synchronizer or you can let it use the system clock for synchronization.

Currently, if you select "System Clock" the timeline will be hard set at 10 minutes long. I'll make that more flexible in the future but, in the meantime, if anyone needs a timeline longer than 10 minutes let me know and I can make it longer.

I am not sure what to work on next. I'm passing on the masking feature for now - too complicated. Any suggestions? Or should I go back to working in the yard?
    Thanks Carmengary, keep up the good work. 10 minutes will/should be
    fine for now.

Andre

Replaced the ugly generic looking buttons with pretty toolbar buttons.

Next up: I'm adding a folder browser directly on "Current Folder" tab so that browsing is easier. Someone requested it... I don't remember who.

The extra ease of browsing will make the slowness more apparent of loading directories with lots of files or large files so I'm also going to rework the way the ILDA files are loaded. After I am done, they should appear to load a lot faster, although they really aren't. A little bit of smoke and mirrors. This should help out the person who complained awhile back about selecting a folder containing a gigabyte worth of ilda files and having it lock up the application. haha.

And finally, I'm adding the concept of a "Favorite Folders" list. When you switch to this mode you will only see your "favorite" folders in the folder browser. They'll work very similar to bookmarks on your browser. I think this will make it a lot easier to find your image files.

I added a folder browser directly onto the Spaghetti form and have released a new version for you to try. I had to create the folder browser from scratch so there may be some bugs associated with it. If you find any bugs please let me know. I not quite done with it but it is in pretty good shape so I wanted to go ahead and release it... kind of like a beta version. I'll be adding the stuff mentioned in the previous post soon.

I also updated the button icons. I think Spaghetti is starting to look more and more professional! What do you think?