Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freestyler 512

Default Freestyler 512

I always used Martin Light Jockey to control my lights. I was thinking it can't get any better then this but I was wrong. Freestyler 512 is 100% free and the best thing interface is totally the same. DMX interfaces it can accept basically unlimited. First time I was !@#@#$%#$^%^&^&*&^*&^(*& thats the DMX program that I can program right away. I'm excited to give this thing a try in real life.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Could not get on with it at all, but was a few years ago. Maybe I should take another look.

I have and use Daslight DVC2 Gold and DVC1 gold, both very easy to use.
    Also have Sunlite FC2048 and VisualDMX. Neither of these I find easy to use.

I have tried many others but have not found any as easy as the Daslight systems. They might not have all the bells and whistle of some of the more expensive systems but I have not found anything I cant do in some way or another.

André

I was thinking exactly the same way. But It guess it changed a lot sine last time I checked. It even has a visualizer now.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

The thing about freestyler is that its very easy to put basic controls together. I would take Martin Lightjockey or Enttec Lightfactory for producing live shows across many fixtures any day.

Freestyler is nice, simple, you can make a profile for your laser or what ever else, patching works well and see all the different channels in thier pop up boxs nice and easy to control. For a laser you could have different images setup as gobos I imagine.

Dont get me wrong, freestyler is a great piece of software and all credit to the single person creating it. It might be just worth noting the differnce tho.

I use freestyler to control my DMX lights aswell. I like the program, mainly because I use the DMX USB Pro from Enttec, and cant afford Lightfactory. But freestyler works for my needs.

anybody have a link?

Link for the Freestyler website is

http://users.pandora.be/freestylerdmx/

André

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Freestyler is the best free program for controlling fixtures with a computer, I am using it already a few months with an USB to DMX-convertor that my dad has made for my birthday - he couldn't give something better than that! By the way, it has been made by a Belgian.

Default re

this is an amazing piece of software for free. i have seen some that you have to buy that are not as good as this. i use it with a velleman interface and have never had any problems with it. easy to use, extemly powerful the only addition i would say would be some sort of short cut keys for the speed fader but its easy enough doin it with the mouse
    cheers oli

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I use a MIDI-keyboard with Freestyler. It is easy to quickly set a few preprogrammed buttons, selecting groups etc. The MIDI-function has even more abilities than using the mouse!
    And after all, using a keyboard is fun and looks pro on a show.