Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few suggestions for spaghetti?

Default A few suggestions for spaghetti?

Hi, I just thought it would be handy if you could include a few of these into spaghetti?

1. Zoom in/out on the timeline - When you want to stretch big chunks of clip, it takes a while when you have to go in such small increments...

2. Play/Stop buttons right on the screen - So you dont have to go to File - Play show every time you want to play the show.

Just a few minor suggestions I think would be handy

I was thinking about the zooming in and out tonight while messing with some big files. Luckily I kept that in mind when designing the timeline so I can add that without too much hassle.

The play and stop buttons are good suggestions, too. I need to do a lot of work on the user interface but have kept that a low priority. I'll bump that up.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thumbs up May i also make an suggestion?

May i also make an suggestion?

On the right site of the screen where the ilda files are shown, could it also display sub directories, with the ilda files in it, and a back button?

That makes browsing for ilda files so much more friendly. Now i have to change the directory by hand, and if I'm searching for a scene that's not the most comfortable way.

And keep on the good work, i really like the program and the free initiative to make lasers and animations reachable for the general public.

The hardware alone costs a lot of money, and with a good program on the rise i hope that we See much more free, show creativity on the web. It could maby be a mamba killer in the future..

I'm sorry i cant program on your level, so i cant help you with that. Bug tracking ma by but only on easylase hardware.
    Place a donation button on your page...

I know that most people hope to earn a lot of money with lasers, but i believe in sharing creativity freely in stead of asking a lot of money for it.

Great program with great potential

The subdirectories icons and back button is a good suggestion. Thanks.

I'm almost done with the zoomable timeline feature that was suggested by Things. Expect a new release soon.

Zoom in/out feature has been added and is available for download.

Default What's coming next?

I was currently working on the requested toolbar with play and stop buttons when I got side tracked and started working on a new enhancement. Up until now, Spaghetti would compile the entire show so that when it is played back very little CPU usage is required. Even an old slow computer should be able to play back shows in this mode. But, that causes a delay before the show starts and that can be very irritating when editing a show and using trial and error to align stuff. So, I am working on a quick play mode that will basically compile on the fly so that the show will start instantly no matter at what time within the show you tell it to start. This might cause some dropped frames now if the CPU gets really busy but for previewing and for editing it works fine. I should have it ready tomorrow, maybe.

Yo yo yo! Play and stop button have been added to a new toolbar at the top. Also on the toolbar is a "Quick Mode" button that lets you toggle between live frame mixing and precompiling. Quick Mode might not work so great on slow computers but on my P4 3.4GHz everything plays as good as in precompile mode. I'm interested in hearing how it performs on other computers. New version is 1.4.5.0 and is on my website.

Thanks man! Seems to work. One other thing can I suggest? Even if I dont add a audio file, I cant get the X and Y signals to come out of my sound card. ATM I only have 1 sound card, so i'm trying to figure out why I dont get a signal out. Thanks

Not sure. Do you have the sound card selected in Scanner Settings? Do you have preview mode turned off?

Ahh right, I can hear it now. Didnt know you had to turn off preview mode lol