Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaserBoy 07-17-2008 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Ooops! My computer dont want to open that link. Can I use wxDev-C++ instead that to see your sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Ooops! My computer dont want to open that link. Can I use wxDev-C++ instead that to see your sources?

I guess you could use anything to "see" the source. I would recommend getting Dev-C++. It's a treat! It about the coolest thing I ever got for free! It is so well laid out and easy to use. Quite honestly, I'd be very happy if I knew someone else had their eyeballs on my code! You just might figure a few things out that I never saw.

On the other hand, you can also use Linux or BSD and compile everything from the command prompt. LaserBoy-***.zip also comes with a standard GCC Makefile.

James.

I have tried to use Windows' Notepad as 'anything' and failed. That files have non-standard formatting and look not good. I want only to see logic of some functions.
    I will try to find mirror of that site or another compatible IDE.
    Sorry for my stupid questions but I almost dont have experience in C/C++ programming for x86 platform. Only some basis of C ANSI. Thats why I dont know which compiler/IDE do I need.

And one my suggestion for Laserboy:
    There are too much different features and functions. Thus we(end users of Laserboy) need even in short textfile description what it can and 'how to do'.

Thumbs up

OK, I have loaded DEV C++ IDE and saw codes.
    It is difficult to understand for me a lot of that codes because I'm very low-level C programmer(AVR platform). But now I can say: Laserboy is really cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    OK, I have loaded DEV C++ IDE and saw codes.
    It is difficult to understand for me a lot of that codes because I'm very low-level C programmer(AVR platform). But now I can say: Laserboy is really cool thing.
    Thanks!

There is a lot to it. And it still has a long way to go!

The source code is formatted for UNIX (Linux, BSD, MacOSX) so it has only a newline character at the end of each line of text; not the carriage-return line-feed combination you find in MS DOS ASCII.

James.

I just found a bug or two in the interface. I also added a new setting. Will be releasing a new version as soon as I prove it works!

James.

In the mean time, listen to some Frank Zappa!